Discover Norfolk Island with our top travel deals.
Norfolk Island is a speck in the Pacific Ocean, but this wild isle punches well above its weight. The spectacular coast, unique wildlife, pine-studded hills, extraordinary history and friendly locals will all leave a lasting impression.
We have a great selection of travel packages to suit every style and budget. You can view them all here. If you can’t see what you’re looking for, let us know and we’re happy to provide a personal quote.
Norfolk Island Paradise Hotel Fly-Drive$2,499Rated 5.00 out of 5 based on 1 customer rating
Norfolk Island The Ridge with Flights$2,199
Norfolk Island for Food Lovers & Flights$2,099
Sale Product on saleUltimate Norfolk Island – Meals, Tours, Car & Flights
$3,799Rated 5.00 out of 5 based on 3 customer ratings
Sale Product on saleNorfolk Island Fly-Drive-Stay
$1,999Rated 4.75 out of 5 based on 4 customer ratings
Norfolk Island 8-Day Special with Flights$1,999
Norfolk Island travel tips
Getting to Norfolk Island is easy from Australia and once you’re there, it’s a worry-free destination.
The subtropical island is located almost half way between Australia and New Zealand. Or to be a little more accurate, around 1,600 km north-east of Sydney and 1,100 km north-west of Auckland. Flights take about 2 hours from Brisbane, 2.5 hours from Sydney and 2.75 hours from Auckland.
Here are a few of our top things for visitors to know, and you’ll find more useful info from one of our A&NZ travellers on the blog.
- It’s a domestic flight from Australia, but they depart from the international terminals in Sydney and Brisbane. You’ll need photo ID, such as a passport or drivers licence.
- Duty Free alcohol can be purchased at the airport and up to 2.25 litres can be carried with you to the island
- Norfolk Island has a Liquor Bond store where you can buy duty free drinks. The Bowls Club does take-away beer or wine and there’s also Two Chimneys Winery, Norfolk Island Liquor that offers tastings and great local brewery at Castaway
- There are good local grocers, butchers and bakery in Burnt Pine village. Be prepared (and patient), occasionally grocery supplies can be limited if there’s a delay between cargo ship deliveries
- Choose from over 30 restaurants, cafes and take-away shops that serve delicious local produce, or for a unique island experience book your place at a progressive dinner or Fish Fry
- The currency is Australian dollars and major credit cards are accepted. There’s a Commonwealth Bank with an ATM and cash can also be withdrawn at the post office
- To stay connected, you may need to buy a local SIM card to use your mobile phone, or before you arrive check with your provider about global roaming options
- The subtropical climate is ideal for year-round visits. Average summer temperatures are from 19° to 28° and 12° to 19° in winter
- The island is only 8x5km in size, but there’s 120km of roads. Most visitors hire a car to see more. Remember, cattle have right-of-way and it’s nice to acknowledge other drivers with a friendly wave
About Australia & New Zealand Travel Company
Australia & New Zealand Travel Company is dedicated to providing you with memorable and authentic Australia & New Zealand travel experiences.
We have been looking after travellers for over 30 years and our team of expert travel agents know Australia like the ‘back of their hand’. When you book with Australia & New Zealand Travel Company, you will be taken care of in a personal way. We’re with you from the first phone call to when you return from your amazing holiday!
Thrilling train trips, exciting city-stays, outback adventures or relaxing beach breaks – we can find the perfect holiday for you, at the perfect price, and help you see more of Australia & New Zealand first-hand.
Sign up for the best deals
By Phone: 1300 168 910 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Travel is back, that means our phones are busy but we don't want to leave you holding on. The quickest way to get in contact is to email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. We can offer you the expertise you would expect in planning a fantastic trip to any of our destinations. Please contact us today for more information on our wide selection of travel experiences in Australia and New Zealand.