Thanks to all our new newsletter subscribers who entered to win a Norfolk Island getaway with flights.
We are excited to announce that Allan and Sue from QLD have won the Norfolk Island holiday, thanks to their online entry (which they loved so much they put it on a t-shirt!)…
“Time your adventure for lesser crowds and optimal seasonal weather. This way you’ll manifest perfect memories to cherish forever!”
The winner has received a Norfolk Island holiday for two people, including:
- Flights for two – Return economy class airfares to Norfolk Island from Sydney or Brisbane
- Accommodation for two – 7 nights at The Ridge Norfolk Island in a studio room
The prize can only be taken between the following dates: 1 to 31 August, 2023.
For everyone who enters – you will receive a $25 discount voucher for travel in 2023.
The $25 voucher is valid on 2023 trips booked directly with Australia & New Zealand Travel Company and valued at over $900. Entrants who subscribed by 31 January 2023 will be sent a promotional code to redeem the discount after the competition ends.
Our team of travel judges read every entry and to find the most individual and creative response to the travel question.
The competition was open until 5:00pm AEDT on 31 January 2023. Please read the below terms & conditions for further details about this competition.
Thanks for subscribing and we look forward to helping you plan you next great getaway!
Terms & conditions
This promotion from Australia & New Zealand Travel Company & My Travel Experience (The Promoters) is offered subject to the terms and conditions set out below.
Who could enter?
Entry was only available to residents of Australia and New Zealand who are aged 18 years or older.
How to Enter
- Sign up to the email newsletter of either Australia & New Zealand Travel Company or My Travel Experience
- Entrants must complete the online entry form on the anztravelco.com.au or mytravelxp.com entry page and fill in all required fields.
Economy class return airfares to Norfolk Island from Sydney or Brisbane & 7 nights at The Ridge Norfolk Island, for up to 2 people for travel between 1 to 31 August, 2023.
All entrants will receive a AU$25 discount voucher that may be redeemed on new travel bookings made directly with the Promoters from 6 February to 30 April 2023. The discount voucher will be sent via email after the competition closes. One voucher per reservation may be applied at time of booking to reservations that include accommodation with minimum value of $900. The value of the voucher is non-refundable and cannot be redeemed on other services.
Full Terms & Conditions
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Conditions of Entry.
2. Participation in the competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions of entry. Entry is only open to Australian and New Zealand residents who are 18 years or over. Employees of Australia & New Zealand Travel Company and My Travel Experience (The Promoters) and their immediate families are ineligible to enter.
3. Multiple entries are not accepted; one entry per person at their nominated email address (first entry only will be accepted). The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entrant for tampering with the entry process or submitting an entry that is not in accordance with these Conditions of Entry.
4. Entries open at 6:00am AEST on 19 September 2022, and close at 5:00pm AEDT on 31 January 2023.
5. To enter, entrants must: Share the best travel advice that they’ve given or received (in 20 words or less) and subscribe to Australia & New Zealand Travel Company or My Travel Experience email newsletter.
6. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in the selection of the winners. The winner will be chosen by at least three representatives of The Promoters on 02 February 2023 at Australia & New Zealand Travel Company office, 79-83 High Street, Kew VIC 3101, or location(s) of designated Promoters representatives. The judges will choose the winner based on the most creative response or unique answer. The judge’s decision is final.
7. Prize of 7 nights The Ridge Norfolk Island in a standard studio and flights to Norfolk Island from Sydney or Brisbane in economy class for up to two adults, will be awarded to the chosen winner.
The prize must be taken during specified dates, subject to availability: 1 to 31 August 2023. Once confirmed, the booking cannot be re-booked or altered in any way.
The prize is not transferrable to any other hotel or destination and cannot be exchanged. The airline for economy class flights to Norfolk Island will be selected by the Promoters. If the prize winner elects not to travel during these dates or is unable to travel during the specified periods, for any reason including and not limited to COVID-19 restrictions, the prize will be forfeited.
8. The prize can only be applied to 7 nights at The Ridge Norfolk Island standard studio and economy class flights from Sydney or Brisbane to Norfolk Island. The prize winner is responsible for all other travel-related costs or personal expenses, such as travel insurance, meals, sightseeing etc.
9. All reservations are subject to availability at the time of booking. All applicable booking terms and conditions of Australia & New Zealand Travel Company and My Travel Experience apply.
10. This prize will be deemed fully used once a qualifying booking has been made and confirmed to be available. The prize will not be reinstated, refunded or replaced, even in the event that the reservation is cancelled or changed.
11. Changes or Cancellation may incur charges from Airlines, Hotels or other Suppliers. The customer is responsible to pay any such charges and the prize cannot be applied to any additional costs associated with changes or cancellations to the original booking requested by the customer (prize winner).
12. The prize winner may add tours, services or additional hotel nights to the 7-night The Ridge Norfolk Island booking, however the customer is responsible for all additional costs.
13. To redeem the prize, the winner (customer) must respond to the prize notification email from Australia & New Zealand Travel Company or My Travel Experience by 14 February 2023 and proceed with a reservation in accordance with the prize conditions.
14. The travel prize is not transferable, exchangeable, replaceable or refundable for cash or credit and can only be used as specified. It is the responsibility of the winner to be eligible to travel during the specified period in 2023.
15. All additional fees, charges and surcharges applicable to the booking, including, without limitation, extra person, transfers, tours, car hire, parking, travel insurance and other charges are applicable to your reservation, and are not included in the prize. These charges must be paid at the time the reservation is confirmed or to the operator directly (where applicable) and are the responsibility solely of the customer.
16. The prize does not include any costs or miscellaneous fees charged by The Ridge Norfolk Island or the airline and incurred by the customer.
17. The prize winner will be notified via email, by Friday 03 February 2023. If the prize is not acknowledged or claimed by the winner by 14 February 2023, the prize will be forfeited.
18. Entrants warrant that their entry is their original work and does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party.
19. By entering the competition, the entrant issues The Promoters with non-exclusive rights to publish their entry in a non-commercial manner. This may include publishing the winning entry online, on social media and in the media.
20. The Promoters shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for personal injury which is suffered or sustained as a result of participation in this promotion or acceptance of a prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
21. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency, disaster, pandemic outbreak, travel restrictions or any other circumstance beyond the control of the Promoters, the Promoters reserve the right, subject to any applicable laws or written directions made under applicable legislation, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion.
22. If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned, including tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoters which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fraud, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoters reserve the right in their discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion.
23. The winner agrees to make themselves available upon request by the Promoters for media coverage and further promotion of the competition.
24. The Promoter may publish the winning entry responses, first name, surname initial and state of residence online and in the media.
26. Promoter is Travel On Demand Pty Ltd trading as Australia & New Zealand Travel Company and My Travel Experience, 79-83 High Street, Kew VIC 3101. Contact phone 1300 168 910. ABN 11 642 241 914.