We are thrilled to offer our newsletter subscribers the chance to enter our Great Ghan Giveaway!
The winning entrant and a friend will be off on The Ghan from Adelaide to Alice Springs, departing on 28 July 2021. They will get to enjoy the unforgettable outback experience and fully-inclusive service aboard the legendary train.
Plus, everyone who enters will receive a $50 discount voucher for a Ghan or Indian Pacific rail booking!
Keep reading for how to enter to win this amazing Australian rail journey!
You could win a trip on The Ghan for two adults in a Gold Twin cabin, departing Adelaide on 28 July 2021.
Gold Service offers all-inclusive meals, fine wines and beverages, as well as an early morning off-train experience in Marla.
The two days, one night, Red Centre Explorer rolls out of Adelaide at midday on Wednesday, 28 July and arrives in Alice Springs around 2:00pm the following day, Thursday 29 July, 2021.
A gourmet lunch will be served soon after leaving the Adelaide Parklands Terminal. Then sit back and travel through the picturesque Clare Valley and Mid-North. Continue through the Flinders Ranges and pass by some of the planet’s oldest rock formations. After a good night’s rest onboard, you can watch a breathtakingly beautiful sunrise over the desert during an amazing off-train experience. The all-inclusive journey continues north to the Red Centre, while you enjoy regionally-inspired dining on board and glide through the MacDonnell Ranges before reaching Alice Springs.
Please note, this prize is only valid for travel on the 28 July 2021 departure and cannot be transferred to other dates. Please view the terms & conditions for full details.
Plus, as a bonus for everyone who enters – you will receive a $50 discount voucher for your next Ghan or Indian Pacific rail booking.
The $50 voucher is valid on 2021 departures of the iconic Australian train journeys and will be emailed to you after 7 July 2021!
How to enter
Fill in the form below and tell us what you would look forward to most about a trip on The Ghan.
Make sure you subscribe to our travel newsletters, because only current subscribers will be eligible to win.
The team at Australia & New Zealand Travel Company will be reading every one of the entries and selecting the most creative and individual response as the winner.
The competition is open from 12:00 noon on 04 June until 5:00pm AEST on 06 July 2021.
The winning entry will be chosen at 07 July 2021 at 11:00 AEST and the winner will be notified by email.
Please see the below terms & conditions for further details about this competition.
Good luck in our biggest travel giveaway ever!
Terms & conditions
This Australia & New Zealand Travel Company (The Promoter) Promotion is offered subject to the terms and conditions set out below “Terms and Conditions”.
Who can enter?
Entry is only available to residents of Australia and New Zealand who are aged 18 years or older.
How to Enter
- Sign up to the anztravel.com.au newsletter
- Entrants must complete the online entry form on the anztravelco.com.au entry page and fill in all required fields.
The Ghan on 28 July 2021 from Adelaide to Alice Springs – one Gold Twin cabin for up to two adults.
All entrants will receive a AU$50 discount voucher that may be redeemed on 2021 The Ghan or Indian Pacific rail bookings. The discount voucher will be sent via email after the competition closes. One voucher per reservation may be applied at time of booking. The value of the voucher is non-refundable and cannot be redeemed on other services.
Full Terms & Conditions
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Conditions of Entry.
2. Participation in the competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions of entry. Entry is only open to Australian and New Zealand residents who are 18 years or over. Employees and their immediate families of Australia & New Zealand Travel Company (The Promoter) are ineligible to enter.
3. Multiple entries are not accepted; one entry per person at their nominated email address. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entrant for tampering with the entry process or submitting an entry that is not in accordance with these Conditions of Entry.
4. Entries open at 12:00pm AEST on 04 June 2021, and close at 5:00pm AEST on 6 July, 2021.
5. To enter, entrants must: Describe in 30 words (or less) what they would look forward to most about travelling on The Ghan and subscribe to Australia & New Zealand Travel Company email newsletter.
6. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in the selection of the winners. The winner will be chosen by at least two representatives of The Promoter on 7 July 2021 at Australia & New Zealand Travel Company office, 920 Glenferrie Road, Kew VIC 3101, or locations of designated Australia & New Zealand Travel Company representatives. The judges will choose the winners based on the most creative response or unique answer. The judge’s decision is final.
7. Prize of one Gold Twin cabin for up to two adults on The Ghan departing Adelaide on 28 July 2021 will be awarded to the chosen winner.
The prize must be taken on the specified departure of 28 July 2021.
The prize is not transferrable to any other Ghan rail departures and cannot be exchanged. If the prize winner elects not to travel on this date or is unable to travel on this date, for any reason including and not limited to border closures due to COVID-19, the prize will be forfeited.
8. The prize can only be applied to The Ghan Red Centre Explorer from Adelaide to Alice Springs on 28-29 July 2021. The prize winner is responsible for all costs associated with travel to Adelaide and from Alice Springs and any other travel-related costs or personal expenses.
9. All reservations are subject to availability at the time of booking. All applicable booking terms and conditions of Australia & New Zealand Travel Company apply.
10. This prize will be deemed fully used once a qualifying booking has been made and confirmed to be available. The prize will not be reinstated, refunded or replaced, even in the event that the reservation is cancelled or changed.
11. Changes or Cancellation may incur charges from Travel Operators, Airlines, Hotels or other Suppliers. The customer is responsible to pay any such charges and the prize cannot be applied to any additional costs associated with changes or cancellations to the original booking requested by the customer (prize winner).
12. The prize winner may add flights, services or hotel nights to the 2 day/1 night Ghan Red Centre Explorer, however the customer is responsible for all additional costs.
13. To redeem the prize, the winner (customer) must respond to the prize notification email from Australia & New Zealand Travel Company by 13 July 2021 and proceed with a reservation in accordance with the prize conditions.
14. The travel prize is not transferable, exchangeable, replaceable or refundable for cash or credit and can only be used as specified. It is the responsibility of the winner to be eligible to travel on 28 July 2021.
15. All additional fees, charges and surcharges applicable to the booking, including, without limitation, extra person, airfares, phone, parking and other charges are applicable to your reservation, and are not included in the prize. These charges must be paid at the time the reservation is confirmed or to the operator directly (where applicable) and are the responsibility solely of the customer.
16. The prize does not include any costs or miscellaneous fees charged by the operator of The Ghan and incurred by the customer.
17. The prize winner will be notified via email, by Friday 09 July 2021. If the prize is not acknowledged or claimed by the winner by 13 July 2021, the prize will be forfeited.
18. Entrants warrant that their entry is their original work and does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party.
19. By entering the competition, the entrant issues The Promoter with non-exclusive rights to publish their entry in a non-commercial manner. This may include publishing the winning entry online, on social media and in the media.
20. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for personal injury which is suffered or sustained as a result of participation in this promotion or acceptance of a prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
21. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency, disaster, pandemic outbreak, travel restrictions or any other circumstance beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, subject to any applicable laws or written directions made under applicable legislation, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion.
22. If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned, including tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fraud, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion.
23. The winner agrees to make themselves available upon request by the Promoter for media coverage and further promotion of the competition.
24. The Promoter may publish the winning entry responses, first name, surname initial and state of residence online and in the media.
26. Promoter is Travel On Demand Pty Ltd trading as Australia & New Zealand Travel Company, 920 Glenferrie Road, Kew VIC 3101. Contact phone 1300 168 910. ABN 11 642 241 914.