Cruise from Sydney to New Zealand with Rail Tour – 23 days
This exciting travel package cruises to New Zealand, then see more of the North and South Islands on a spectacular rail journey.
The carefree holiday starts in Sydney, where you’ll board Holland American Line’s impressive Noordam. The stylish mid-size ship’s cruise itinerary takes you to Melbourne and Tasmania, then across the Tasman to Milford Sound on New Zealand’s South Island. From here cruise to Dunedin, Timaru and Kaikoura. Cross to the North Island with stops in Wellington, Napier and Tauranga, before docking in Auckland.
Then your self-guided rail tour begins, when your time will be free to enjoy the exploring Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch. After a 4-night stay in Auckland, journey through Tongariro National Park aboard the Northern Explorer train. Following an overnight stay in Wellington, take the scenic crossing from the North Island to the South Island aboard the Interislander Ferry.
On arrival in Picton, skirt the Pacific Coast en route to Christchurch aboard the Coastal Pacific. During the 3-night stay in the charming city, another highlight awaits as you ride the famous TranzAlpine train through the Canterbury Plains and Southern Alps.
Why you’ll love this cruise & rail package:
- Cruise from Sydney to New Zealand, or take the trip in the reverse from Christchurch
- Experience the amazing facilities & entertainment aboard HAL’s Noordam
- Enjoy city stays in Auckland, Wellington & Christchurch with time to explore at your leisure
- Plus, ride three spectacular train journeys in New Zealand!
Your Holiday Includes:
- Cruise – 14 nights Grand New Zealand Cruise from Sydney to Auckland
- Choice of cabin aboard Holland America Line’s Noordam
- All meals and non-chargeable entertainment on board the ship
- Accommodation – 8 nights in hotels, standard rooms based on twin share
- 4 nights Auckland – VR Auckland Hotel or Parnel Hotel
- 1 night Wellington – Mercure Hotel or Astelia hotel
- 3 nights Christchurch – ibis Christchurch or Canmore Hotel
- Rail – 3 legendary train rides
- Northern Explorer from Auckland to Wellington
- Coastal Pacific from Picton to Christchurch
- TranzAlpine return from Christchurch to the West Coast
- Ferry – Interislander scenic ferry from Wellington to Picton
Prices & Departures:
Special rates are available for a limited time:
Inside Cabin – from $3999
Oceanview Cabin – from $4399
Balcony Cabin – from $4999
Depart from Sydney: 12 November 2023; 13 January & 09 March 2024
Depart Christchurch (reverse itinerary): 18 November 2023; 19 January & 15 March 2023
Note: Prices in AUD are per person based on twin share. Departures are subject to confirmation at time of booking and price may vary depending on when you book. Contact us for other departure dates and cruise options.
Get the Brochure:
Click on the button to view or download a copy of the brochure. The brochure includes more details and the itinerary.
Want to Stay Longer or Upgrade?
You can add hotel nights in Sydney before the cruise and extend your stay in New Zealand.
Check out the amazing prices to upgrade your cruise cabin.
Ask us today about adding sightseeing tours or more services. We are happy to design a holiday that will suit you best.
We can look after you. Please contact us for the price to have sole use of a cabin and hotel rooms.
This special deal is valid for a limited time and can sell out quickly. Please contact us for current rates.
All prices are per person, based on twin share, and listed in Australian dollars (AUD).
Prices were correct as of 01 July 2023. The package is subject to confirmation at the time of booking and prices may change without notice. Booking conditions and cancellation fees apply.
Please read Australia & New Zealand Travel Company’s Terms & Booking Conditions prior to making a reservation. By booking any travel service with us, you have agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions.
How to Book
You can also select a trip and request it via this website – please make sure you enter the quantity for the number of people travelling. In the ‘Additional Information’ field on the Checkout page, add your preferred departure date plus any other information that will help us process your booking, such as departure city and travel preferences.
No payment is required to submit an online booking request, but your booking is pending and no place is being held. Your booking status will be advised when you hear from our travel consultants. Bookings are normally actioned within 24 hours – Monday to Friday.