The Ghan Train from Alice Springs to Darwin with City Stay – 3 days
Take a remarkable journey through the heart of the continent on the legendary Ghan train. Be mesmerised by the beauty of Australia’s ever-changing landscape, from the centre’s rich ochres of the land and bright cobalt skies, to the lush tropics and balmy feel in Darwin.
This journey begins in Alice Springs, where you’ll board The Ghan. Enjoy regionally inspired dining and complimentary drinks as you relax in your private Gold Class cabin and watch the red heart of Australia pass by through your large window. Along with the amazing fully-inclusive service on board, a choice of off train excursions is also included in Katherine.
After a sensational two days on The Ghan, roll into Darwin for two nights in the tropical north with a city sightseeing tour included and time to explore at your leisure!
Hurry, the last available cabins for departure in July and October 2023 are on sale now!
Why you’ll love this trip:
- Indulge in fully-inclusive luxury aboard the famous Ghan Gold Class
- All-inclusive meals, fine wine & beverages and immersive off-train experiences
- Enjoy an overnight stay to explore Darwin, or opt to see more and extend your holiday
Your Holiday Includes:
- Ghan Train – 2 days Alice Springs to Darwin
- 1 night Ghan private Gold Twin cabin
- All meals onboard Ghan
- FREE beverages throughout your train journey
- Complimentary toiletries kit
- Cabin steward service, in-cabin music and commentary
- Use of Outback Explorer Lounge
- Off-train experiences in Katherine
- Accommodation – 1 night in Darwin at a choice of hotels, based on standard rooms
- Vitina Studio Suites, Darwin City Hotel or Capitanos Hotel
Departs Alice Springs:
Gold Twin from $1999 – 13 July, 05 October, 19 October – 2023 last cabins!
Note: Prices are per person based. Departure and price is subject to confirmation at time of booking & prices may vary depending on availability when you book. Contact us for travel at other times of the year.
Get the Brochure:
Click on the above button to view or download a copy of the brochure. The brochure includes more details and the full itinerary.
Want to Stay Longer?
Extend your holiday with extra nights in Darwin from an extra $149 per person, per night.
Include a stay in Alice Springs at Desert Palms Resort from $135 per person, per night.
Explore more and add these exciting travel packages:
- Broome 5-night getaway from $1499 per person – includes one-way flight Darwin to Broome, 5 nights at Broome Time Resort and daily breakfast
- Cairns 5-night getaway from $1499 per person – includes one-way flight Darwin to Cairns, 5 nights at Roydon Apartments, Trinity Beach, and return airport transfers
Ask us today about upgrading other properties, adding more services or including flights. We are happy to design a holiday that will suit you best.
See More & Add Sightseeing
Enhance your holiday with these great local sightseeing options.
- Uluru Full Day Tour from Alice Springs – from $325 per person
- West MacDonnell Ranges Tour from Alice Springs – from $180 per person
- Litchfield National Park Tour from Darwin – from $220 per person
- Darwin Hop On Hop Off Bus – from $55 per person
We can look after you. Contact us for a single traveller price that covers the cost of your own room and includes a Gold Single cabin with shared bathroom facilities.
This deal is valid for a limited time. The last Ghan cabins will sell out quickly.
Prices are correct as of 09 January 2023. Please contact us for current rates.
All prices are per person, based on twin share, and listed in Australian dollars (AUD). The package is subject to confirmation at the time of booking and prices may change without notice. Booking conditions and cancellation fees apply.
Please read Australia & New Zealand Travel Company’s Terms & Booking Conditions prior to making a reservation. By booking any travel service with us, you have agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions.
How to Book
You can also select a trip and request it via this website – please make sure you enter the quantity for the number of people travelling. In the ‘Additional Information’ field on the Checkout page, add your preferred departure date plus any other information that will help us process your booking, such as departure city and travel preferences.
No payment is required to submit an online booking request, but your booking is pending and no place is being held. Your booking status will be advised when you hear from our travel consultants. Bookings are normally actioned within 24 hours – Monday to Friday.