Fraser Island Eco Adventure & 4WD Tour – 5 days
Say hello to the world’s largest sand island, Fraser Island! Known as K’gari (meaning paradise) by the traditional owners, the Butchulla people, this World Heritage-listed island’s diverse landscapes and unique wildlife entices visitors to its shores.
Recognised as one of the Seven Natural Wonders of Oceania, the island is located 360km north of Queensland’s capital city, Brisbane, and a short 40-minute boat ride from the mainland in Hervey Bay.
Beyond the amazing sand dunes and long stretches of beautiful beaches lies crystal clear freshwater lakes and creeks, lush rainforests, UNESCO World Heritage-listed locations and an abundance of native flora and fauna to explore.
This getaway starts in style with three nights at Kingfisher Bay Resort, then join an amazing small group experience for two days of guided touring to the highlights and hidden oasis of Fraser Island!
Why you’ll love this trip:
- Stay in an award-winning resort that offers world-class comfort & a renowned beach resort.
- Experience both coasts of the world’s largest sand island.
- Lake McKenzie – Fraser Island’s most iconic swimming spot – relax along the pristine white silica shore and immerse yourself in the crystal-clear fresh water.
- Central Station – admire the towering trees growing from sand and explore along the rainforest boardwalk.
- Pile Valley – wander through the subtropical rainforest and marvel at the centuries-old Satinay trees and towering palms.
- 75 Mile Beach – cruise Fraser Island’s beach highway and join Air Fraser for a scenic joy-flight over the island (optional extra).
- Eli Creek – wade through the shallow waters or float downstream towards the Coral Sea!
- Maheno Shipwreck – visit the famous rustic ruins that was once a luxury cruise liner. Washed ashore in 1935 it is now a photographer’s paradise!
- The Pinnacles Coloured Sands – be amazed by these spectacularly technicoloured sand cliffs and the Dreamtime tale of how they were formed.
- Indian Head – as the most easterly point of the island, marine life such as turtles and rays are often spotted in the waters around the base of this rocky headland.
- Champagne Pools – experience this amazing natural jacuzzi, as crashing waves meet the volcanic rock pools along the shore.
- Lake Wabby – trek across Hammerstone Sandblow with your expert guide and be rewarded with a dip in this emerald-green freshwater oasis.
Your Holiday Includes:
- Transfers – Courtesy transfers from Hervey Bay airport or hotel to ferry terminal
- Return ferry transfers to Fraser Island
- Accommodation – 3 nights Kingfisher Bay Resort in a standard hotel room
- 1 night Eurong Beach Resort
- Eco Tour – 2 full days of guided 4WD touring
- Small group experiences (maximum 24 guests)
- Award-winning local touring team
- UNESCO World Heritage-listed locations
- Fraser Island’s most comprehensive itinerary
- National Park fees
- COVID travel refund guarantee
- Meals – 4 breakfasts, 1 resort lunch, 1 picnic lunch
Departs Hervey Bay:
Departs every Monday, Wednesday & Friday
2022 – 25 April to 10 June, 25 July to 10 September, 06 October to 15 December
2023 – 20 January to 31 March
Note: Departures are subject to confirmation at time of booking and price may vary depending on your travel date. Please ask us for prices to travel at other times of the year.
Get the Brochure:
Click on the button to view or download a copy of the brochure. The brochure includes more details and the full itinerary (where applicable).
Want to Stay Longer or Upgrade?
Extra nights can be added at Kingfisher Bay Resort and let us know if you’d like to upgrade your room category.
We can also add Hervey Bay accommodation and flights.
We’re pleased to discuss the options for other services and properties, to create the ideal holiday package for you.
We can look after you. Single travellers pay from $1699 and includes private rooms.
This special deal is valid for a limited time. Please contact us for current rates.
All prices are per person, based on twin share, and listed in Australian dollars (AUD). Advertised price was correct on 1 May 2022.
The package is subject to confirmation at the time of booking and prices may change without notice. Booking conditions and cancellation fees apply.
Please read Australia & New Zealand Travel Company’s Terms & Booking Conditions prior to making a reservation. By booking any travel service with us, you have agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions.
How to Book
To make a booking please call Australia & New Zealand Travel Company on 1300 168 910 or email email@example.com.
You can also select a trip and request it via this website – please make sure you enter the quantity for the number of people travelling. In the ‘Additional Information’ field on the Checkout page, add your preferred departure date plus any other information that will help us process your booking, such as departure city and travel preferences.
No payment is required to submit an online booking request, but your booking is pending and no place is being held. Your booking status will be advised when you hear from our travel consultants. Bookings are normally actioned within 24 hours – Monday to Friday.