Ghan Rail from Adelaide to Alice Springs & Darwin – 15 days
The legendary Ghan travels through Australia’s Red Centre from South Australia to the Northern Territory on an extraordinary outback journey.
Your adventure begins in Adelaide and as you travel north you’ll witness wine regions and green hills gradually change to the rich red earth of the Flinders Ranges. Stop in Alice Springs, with local sightseeing of the area, then travel further into the heart of Australia and witness a breathtaking sunrise over Uluru and Kata Tjuta. From Alice Springs, continue on the iconic Ghan bound for Darwin and enjoy the off-train touring and onboard delights, with all food and beverages included in Gold Class.
Darwin sightseeing is also included, plus the highlights keep coming with fascinating trips to Kakadu National Park, Marrakai Plains, Litchfield National Park and more!
Why you’ll love this trip:
- Enjoy fully-inclusive luxury aboard the famous Ghan in Gold Class
- Extended stays in Alice Springs and Darwin with local tours included
- See Uluru, Kata Tjuta, Katherine Outback Experience, wildlife cruises, 4WD safari & more
- Take part in indigenous cultural experiences with Aboriginal guides
- Feel the true spirit of this ancient land
Your Holiday Includes:
- Ghan Train – Adelaide to Alice Springs to Darwin
- 2 nights Ghan private Gold Class cabin
- All meals onboard Ghan
- FREE beverages throughout your train journey
- Complimentary toiletries kit
- Cabin steward service, in-cabin music and commentary
- Use of Outback Explorer Lounge
- 5 nights Alice Springs Hotel (3.5 to 4 Star typically)
- 3 days / 2 nights Uluru, Ayers Rock, Kata Tjuta escorted permanent tented camping tour.
- 5 nights Darwin Hotel (3.5 to 4 Star typically)
- Alice Springs Half day Tour
- West MacDonnell Ranges Escorted Coach Tour
- Kakadu Park Escorted Day Tour – Jim Jim Falls & Twin Falls from Jabaru.
- Litchfield National Park Luxury Day Tour
- Darwin Hop on Hop off Coach Tour
- Adelaide River – Marrakai Plains Escorted Day Tour
2021 – 1 February to 25 March, 25 April to 10 June, 15 July to 10 September, 10 October to 30 November
Note: Dates are subject to confirmation at time of booking. Prices may vary depending on your departure date.
Get the Brochure:
Click here to view or download a copy of the brochure. The brochure includes more details and the full itinerary (where applicable).
Want to Stay Longer?
You can add extra nights in Adelaide and Darwin and there’s the opportunity to treat yourself and upgrade to 4 or 5-star hotels.
Ask us today about staying at other properties or adding more services. We are happy to design a holiday that will suit you best.
Single traveller surcharge of approximately $2500. Rates will be confirmed at time of booking.
All prices are per person, based on twin share, and listed in Australian dollars (AUD). The package is subject to confirmation at the time of booking and prices may change without notice. Booking conditions and cancellation fees apply.
Please read Australia & New Zealand Travel Company’s Terms & Booking Conditions prior to making a reservation. By booking any travel service with us, you have agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions.
How to Book
To make a booking please call Australia & New Zealand Travel Company on 1300 168 910 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also select a trip and request it via this website – please make sure you enter the quantity for the number of people travelling. In the ‘Additional Information’ field on the Checkout page, add your preferred departure date plus any other information that will help us process your booking, such as departure city and travel preferences.
No payment is required to submit an online booking request, but your booking is pending and no place is being held. Your booking status will be advised when you hear from our travel consultants. Bookings are normally actioned within 24 hours – Monday to Friday.