Ghan Rail from Darwin to Adelaide with Kakadu – 5 days
The legendary Ghan travels through Australia’s Red Centre from the Northern Territory to South Australia on an extraordinary outback journey.
Your adventure begins in Darwin, where a full day tour takes you to the wonders and amazing wetlands of Kakadu National Park. The park is listed as a World Heritage site by UNESCO, and covers more than 19,000 kilometres. Discover Aboriginal rock art that dates back over 50,000 years and look out for saltwater crocodiles and hundreds of bird species on a Yellow Water Billabong cruise.
Next stop is Alice Springs and you’ll get there in style aboard the iconic Ghan in Gold Service. Twin cabins feature a lounge that converts to an upper and lower-berth beds and private ensuite. A trip highlight is the multi-course dining with all-inclusive Australian wine, beer and spirits. This gourmet experience invites you to feast on a regionally inspired menu while discovering the beauty of Outback Australia.
Choose your preferred off-train excursion in Alice Springs and then it’s time to return to the Ghan and enjoy stunning views of the Flinders Ranges as the train winds its way to Adelaide on this once-in-a-lifetime experience!
Why you’ll love this trip:
- Experience fully-inclusive luxury aboard the famous Ghan in Gold Class
- Enjoy two nights in Darwin before the train trip
- Explore World-Heritage listed Kakadu National Park and see crocs in the wild
- Learn about Australia’s rich indigenous heritage
- Everything is taken care of, so you can relax and enjoy the amazing experience!
Your Holiday Includes:
- Ghan Train – Darwin to Alice Springs to Adelaide (also available in reverse)
- 2 nights Ghan private Gold Class cabin
- All meals onboard Ghan
- FREE beverages throughout your train journey
- Complimentary toiletries kit
- Use of Outback Explorer Lounge
- 2 nights Frontier Hotel Darwin with breakfast (or similar)
- Kakadu National Park Day Tour from Darwin
- Litchfield National Park Luxury Day Tour
- Immersive Off-train Excursions including Nitmiluk Gorge in Katherine and tour of Simpsons Gap or authentic cattle station tour in Alice Springs
$2399 per person – February & March, 2021 & 2022
$4399 per person – April to October, 2021 & 2022
Note: Dates and prices are subject to confirmation at time of booking.
Get the Brochure:
Click here to view or download a copy of the brochure. The brochure includes more details and the full itinerary (where applicable).
Want to Stay Longer?
You can add extra nights in Darwin or Adelaide and there’s the opportunity to treat yourself and upgrade to 4 or 5-star hotels.
Ask us today about staying at other properties or adding more services. We are happy to design a holiday that will suit you best.
Single traveller surcharge of approximately $1500 for a Gold Class single cabin with shared bathroom. Rates will be confirmed at time of booking.
All prices are per person, based on twin share, and listed in Australian dollars (AUD). The package is subject to confirmation at the time of booking and prices may change without notice. Booking conditions and cancellation fees apply.
Please read Australia & New Zealand Travel Company’s Terms & Booking Conditions prior to making a reservation. By booking any travel service with us, you have agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions.
How to Book
To make a booking please call Australia & New Zealand Travel Company on 1300 168 910 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also select a trip and request it via this website – please make sure you enter the quantity for the number of people travelling. In the ‘Additional Information’ field on the Checkout page, add your preferred departure date plus any other information that will help us process your booking, such as departure city and travel preferences.
No payment is required to submit an online booking request, but your booking is pending and no place is being held. Your booking status will be advised when you hear from our travel consultants. Bookings are normally actioned within 24 hours – Monday to Friday.