Ghan Rail, Darwin & Kimberley Trail Tour – 23 days
It doesn’t get much bigger, bolder and more breathtakingly Australian than this incredible adventure!
The journey starts in Adelaide, where you’ll board the iconic Ghan for an extraordinary journey from south to north through the heart of Australia’s Red Centre. Your all-inclusive train ride from Adelaide to Darwin is an experience you won’t forget any time soon, with regionally inspired dining onboard, fine wines and drinks flowing freely, plus great guided off-train experiences.
The “wow” moments don’t stop when you reach Darwin and experience a thrilling Jumping Crocodile luxury tour and cruise on the mighty Adelaide River. There’s also time to explore the Top End at your own pace.
Next get set for an incredible 4WD adventure that takes you on the popular Kimberley Trail from Darwin to Broome, exploring the highlights of Katherine and the Kimberley en route.
Start with a cruise up spectacular Nitmiluk Gorge before arriving in Western Australia. Explore the Lake Argyle and Ord River region. Venture into remote Purnululu National Park to explore the World Heritage-listed Bungle Bungles then take the Gibb River Road and discover the Mitchell Plateau and El Questro Wilderness Park. Immerse yourself in the West Kimberley Gorges before arriving into Broome, home to Cable Beach and local producers of exquisite south sea pearls.
Why you’ll love this trip:
- Indulge in fully-inclusive luxury aboard the famous Ghan with Gold Service
- Enjoy exploring Darwin, with its sunset markets, war memorials, great eateries & more
- Take a thrilling 4WD tour through some of Australia’s most remote & spectacular regions
- So many inclusions & sightseeing highlights, like a scenic helicopter transfer & cultural cruise!
Your Holiday Includes:
- 1 Night Adelaide Hotel (Holiday Inn Express Adelaide or similar)
- Ghan Train – 3 days Adelaide to Darwin
- 2 nights Ghan Gold Service twin cabin with private ensuite
- All meals onboard Ghan
- FREE beverages throughout your train journey
- Cabin steward service, in-cabin music and commentary
- FREE toiletries kit
- Use of “Outback Explorer Lounge”
- All Ghan Off-Train Excursions & Activities (eg Alice Springs, Katherine, Marla, Manguri)
- 4 Nights Darwin Hotel (Double Tree by Hilton Darwin or similar)
- Darwin Tour
- Jumping Crocodile Luxury Tour & Adelaide River Cruise
- Darwin to Broome 4WD Tour
- Experienced Tour Guides
- Meals as specified
- Camping Plus upgraded accommodation (see below)
- National Park entry fees
- Indigenous guided Tunnel Creek experience
- Zebedee Springs permit
- Mitchell Falls Scenic Helicopter Transfer
- Lake Argyle Sunset Cruise
- NitNit Dreaming Cultural Cruise
- Meals – 22 breakfasts, 16 lunches, 12 dinners
2021 – 11, 25 May; 08, 22 June; 06, 20 July; 03, 24 August; 07 September
2022 – 10, 24 May; 7, 21 June; 5, 19 July; 2, 23 August; 06 September
Note: Subject to confirmation at time of booking and price may vary depending on your travel date and seasonal surcharges.
Get the Brochure:
Click on the button to view or download a copy of the brochure. The brochure includes more details and the full itinerary (where applicable).
Want to Stay Longer or upgrade?
You can add extra nights at the start or end of the trip. As us about hotel upgrades or enjoying Platinum class on the Ghan.
Ask us today about staying at other properties or adding more services. We are happy to design a holiday that will suit you best.
We can look after you. Please contact us for current single traveller rates.
The regular price is valid until 31 March, 2021, unless sold out sooner.
All prices are per person, based on twin share, and listed in Australian dollars (AUD). The package is subject to confirmation at the time of booking and prices may change without notice. Booking conditions and cancellation fees apply.
Please read Australia & New Zealand Travel Company’s Terms & Booking Conditions prior to making a reservation. By booking any travel service with us, you have agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions.
How to Book
To make a booking please call Australia & New Zealand Travel Company on 1300 168 910 or email email@example.com.
You can also select a trip and request it via this website – please make sure you enter the quantity for the number of people travelling. In the ‘Additional Information’ field on the Checkout page, add your preferred departure date plus any other information that will help us process your booking, such as departure city and travel preferences.
No payment is required to submit an online booking request, but your booking is pending and no place is being held. Your booking status will be advised when you hear from our travel consultants. Bookings are normally actioned within 24 hours – Monday to Friday.