Ghan Rail with Murray River Cruise, Adelaide & Darwin – 16 days
This exciting Australian holiday perfectly blends history, culture and adventure – with a nice touch of luxury and a relaxed pace!
The journey starts in Adelaide, where you’ll embark on a surprising river cruise aboard grand PS Murray Princess, the largest inland paddlewheeler in the southern hemisphere. Upon return to Adelaide, it’s off on a thrilling dolphin-spotting cruise and full day tour of the beautiful Barossa Valley.
Next board the iconic Ghan for an extraordinary journey through the Australia’s Red Centre. Your all-inclusive train ride from Adelaide to Darwin is an experience you won’t forget any time soon, with regionally inspired dining onboard, fine wines and drinks flowing freely, plus great guided off-train experiences.
The “wow” moments don’t stop when you reach Darwin and experience a spectacular day trip to Litchfield National Park and cruise on the mighty Adelaide River!
Why you’ll love this trip:
- Indulge in fully-inclusive luxury aboard the famous Ghan in Gold Class
- Incredible 4-night river cruise aboard majestic PS Murray Princess
- Enjoy time to explore the great cities of Adelaide and Darwin
- The ultimate blend of amazing Australian experiences from Adelaide to Darwin!
Your Holiday Includes:
- 6 nights Adelaide – ibis Adelaide or similar
- Murray River Outback Heritage Cruise – 5 days from Adelaide
- 4 nights Murray Princess in a Riverview cabin
- All meals included
- Selection of shore excursions
- Return coach transfers from Adelaide CBD
- Ghan Train – 3 days Adelaide to Darwin
- 2 nights Ghan Gold Service twin cabin with private ensuite
- All meals onboard Ghan
- FREE beverages throughout your train journey
- Cabin steward service, in-cabin music and commentary
- 3 nights Darwin – Mantra Pandanas or similar
- Sightseeing tours
- Dolphin cruise from Adelaide
- Barossa Valley from Adelaide
- Litchfield National Park day tour from Darwin
2022 – Saturdays from April to October
Note: Departures are subject to confirmation at time of booking and price may vary depending on your travel date.
Get the Brochure:
Click on the button to view or download a copy of the brochure. The brochure includes more details and the full itinerary (where applicable).
Want to Stay Longer or upgrade?
You can add extra nights in Darwin from an extra $80 per person per night. Plus there’s the opportunity to upgrade your Ghan experience to amazing Platinum Service for additional $1299 per person.
Ask us today about staying at other properties or adding more services. We are happy to design a holiday that will suit you best.
We can look after you. Please contact us for rates for Gold Single cabins with shared bathroom facilities.
This special offer is valid for a limited time. Please contact us for current rates.
All prices are per person, based on twin share, and listed in Australian dollars (AUD). The package is subject to confirmation at the time of booking and prices may change without notice. Booking conditions and cancellation fees apply.
Please read Australia & New Zealand Travel Company’s Terms & Booking Conditions prior to making a reservation. By booking any travel service with us, you have agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions.
How to Book
To make a booking please call Australia & New Zealand Travel Company on 1300 168 910 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also select a trip and request it via this website – please make sure you enter the quantity for the number of people travelling. In the ‘Additional Information’ field on the Checkout page, add your preferred departure date plus any other information that will help us process your booking, such as departure city and travel preferences.
No payment is required to submit an online booking request, but your booking is pending and no place is being held. Your booking status will be advised when you hear from our travel consultants. Bookings are normally actioned within 24 hours – Monday to Friday.