Great Barrier Reefsleep Cruise Encounter – 2 days
This truly is a most remarkable Great Barrier Reef encounter and your chance to spend an intimate night on the ocean and underneath a galaxy of stars!
The breathtaking journey begins with a cruise through the gorgeous Whitsunday Islands to the outer reef. Look out for migrating Humpback whales from July to September. Once on the reef, enjoy the amazing swimming and snorkelling to work up an appetite for a generous buffet lunch. There’s the opportunity to ride in a semi-submarine and visit the underwater observatory, plus optional upgrades include guided snorkel safaris and scuba-diving.
After a magnificent day and once most of the visitors head back to shore, the pontoon becomes yours and it’s time to enjoy a special sunset drink. A wonderful evening meal is served on deck, featuring fresh and delicious local produce. Then head to the pontoon’s top level and slip into your cosy Reefbed for an amazing night under the stars and the most peaceful dawn that you’re ever likely to experience!
In the morning, there’s time for more snorkelling and a return visit to the underwater observatory to watch the reef come to life. After lunch, cruise back to the mainland and reflect on your incredible Great Barrier Reef experience!
Why you’ll love this trip:
- Scenic return cruise through the Whitsundays to the outer reef
- Snorkelling with all gear provided and access to the underwater observatory
- Incredible Reefbed under the stars with all meals provided
- This really is one of those pinch-yourself moments on the Great Barrier Reef!
Your Holiday Includes:
- Reefsleep – 2 days/1 night Great Barrier Reef encounter
- Reefworld at Hardy Reef is a permanently moored pontoon on the outer reef
- Accommodation – Overnight in Reefbeds under the stars
- Meals – 1 breakfast, 2 lunches, 1 dinner, 2 morning & afternoon teas
- All beverages, including beer & wine (cocktails & spirits extra cost)
- Highlights – Scenic cruise through the Whitsundays to the outer reef
- Snorkelling with all gear provided, including wetsuits & stinger suits
- Access to underwater observatory
- Semi-submarine guided tour
Daily from Airlie Beach in 2021 & 2022.
Note: Departures are subject to confirmation at time of booking and price may vary depending on your travel date.
Get the Brochure:
Click on the button to view or download a copy of the brochure. The brochure includes more details and the full itinerary (where applicable).
Want to Stay Longer or Upgrade?
You can extend your stay in the Whitsundays or add flights and sightseeing tours.
Ask us today about staying in other properties or adding more services. We are happy to design a holiday that will suit you best.
We can look after you. Single supplement is $200 and includes your own Reefbed.
This deal is valid for a limited time. Please contact us for current rates.
All prices are per person, based on twin share, and listed in Australian dollars (AUD). The package is subject to confirmation at the time of booking and prices may change without notice. Booking conditions and cancellation fees apply.
Please read Australia & New Zealand Travel Company’s Terms & Booking Conditions prior to making a reservation. By booking any travel service with us, you have agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions.
How to Book
To make a booking please call Australia & New Zealand Travel Company on 1300 168 910 or email email@example.com.
You can also select a trip and request it via this website – please make sure you enter the quantity for the number of people travelling. In the ‘Additional Information’ field on the Checkout page, add your preferred departure date plus any other information that will help us process your booking, such as departure city and travel preferences.
No payment is required to submit an online booking request, but your booking is pending and no place is being held. Your booking status will be advised when you hear from our travel consultants. Bookings are normally actioned within 24 hours – Monday to Friday.