Larapinta Trail Comfort Walking Tour with Alice Springs & Flights – 8 days
Trek through ancient landscapes, summit a mountain for a spectacular sunrise and experience the wonders of Central Australia on this unforgettable Northern Territory adventure!
The Larapinta Trail is one of the most famous hikes in Australia. It’s an outstanding walking destination and this award-winning small group tour is the ideal way to challenge yourself and experience the region’s beauty at the same time.
You’ll have a night in Alice Springs before and after the trek, then while you’re on tour you will get to relax in the comfort of exclusive semi-permanent campsites. The camps have hot showers and heated dining shelters and all your meals and snacks are included.
On the fully supported trek you walk with just a day pack and explore the best sections of the iconic desert trail: from the high ridge lines of the West MacDonnell Ranges to the dramatic colours and rock formations at Simpsons Gap and Standley Chasm. This is a breathtaking Aussie experience on so many levels!
Why you’ll love this trip:
- Trek through spectacular West MacDonnell Ranges, Ormiston Gorge and Standley Chasm.
- Summit Mount Sonder for a spectacular sunrise.
- Gain an understanding of the ancient Indigenous culture and Traditional Owners of the land.
- Relax in the evenings around a campfire as the guides prepare delicious 3 course meals.
- Hassle-free trip includes hotel stays in Alice Springs and flights!
Your Holiday Includes:
- Flights – Return economy airfares to Alice Springs
- Depart from Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide or Sydney (ask for other cities)
- Fly with Virgin Australia or Qantas with baggage included
- Accommodation – 2 nights Alice Springs at Aurora Hotel or similar (1 nt pre & 1 nt post trek)
- 5 nights eco campsites in semi-permanent tents with shared facilities
- Meals – 5 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 5 dinners, snacks & hot drinks
- Walking tour – 6 days Larapinta Trail in Comfort
- Professional wilderness guide & support staff
- Stay in exclusive semi-permanent wilderness campsites
- Camping equipment including tents, swags and stretcher beds
- Fees to Aboriginal Traditional Owners
- National Park Fees
- All transport during the tour
- Emergency communications & 24-hour back-up
- Comprehensive group first aid kit
Departs Tuesdays & Saturdays:
2022 – 2 April to 27 September
Note: Departures are subject to confirmation at time of booking and price may vary depending on your travel date.
Get the Brochure:
Click on the button to view or download a copy of the brochure. The brochure includes more details and the full itinerary (where applicable).
Want to Stay Longer or Upgrade?
You can extend your stay in Alice Springs or add on other Northern Territory adventures, like pick up the Ghan Train from Alice Springs to Darwin at the end of your trek.
Upgrades are available for the Quest Hotel or Crown Plaza Hotel in Alice Springs from an extra $110 per person twin share.
Ask us today about staying in other properties or adding more services. We are happy to design a holiday that will suit you best.
We can look after you. Please contact us for rates for single travellers.
This special deal is valid for a limited time. Please contact us for current rates.
All prices are per person, based on twin share, and listed in Australian dollars (AUD). The package is subject to confirmation at the time of booking and prices may change without notice. Booking conditions and cancellation fees apply.
Please read Australia & New Zealand Travel Company’s Terms & Booking Conditions prior to making a reservation. By booking any travel service with us, you have agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions.
How to Book
To make a booking please call Australia & New Zealand Travel Company on 1300 168 910 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also select a trip and request it via this website – please make sure you enter the quantity for the number of people travelling. In the ‘Additional Information’ field on the Checkout page, add your preferred departure date plus any other information that will help us process your booking, such as departure city and travel preferences.
No payment is required to submit an online booking request, but your booking is pending and no place is being held. Your booking status will be advised when you hear from our travel consultants. Bookings are normally actioned within 24 hours – Monday to Friday.