New Zealand Milford Sound Cruise, TranzAlpine Train & More – 7 days
Discover the picturesque scenes of the South Island in this stunning New Zealand holiday!
Begin in Queenstown, famously known as the adventure capital of New Zealand. Then enjoy a scenic coach transfer to Milford South for a spectacular cruise aboard purpose-built Milford Mariner. The overnight voyage allows plenty of time to view the fiord’s waterfalls and natural wonders and you get to wake up in one of the most beautiful places on earth. Wildlife viewing opportunities, delicious dining and star gazing on clear nights, are all part of the ultimate Milford Sound experience.
Return to Queenstown, with another night to enjoy the lake-side town before flying to Christchurch for an exciting 3-night stay. A highlight is bound to be the full day tour that includes travelling through to Arthurs Pass aboard the famous TranzAlpine train. It’s renowned as one of the top ten train journeys in the world and you’ll get to explore the Canterbury Plains and Southern Alps by road and rail.
After a day to enjoy the innovative architecture, beautiful public spaces and friendly vibe of Christchurch, it’s time to say Mā te wā Aotearoa – see you next time New Zealand!
Why you’ll love this trip:
- Explore Milford Sound aboard a small ship cruise, nothing compares to nights on the fjord
- Stay two nights in Queenstown to enjoy the picturesque village or try an adventure activity
- Discover all the delights of Christchurch during an extended 3-night stay with sightseeing
- Travel on the legendary TranzAlpine train through the spectacular Southern Alps
Your Holiday Includes:
- Flights – Return economy airfares to Queenstown & from Christchurch
- Fly from Melbourne, Sydney or Brisbane (other cities available with surcharges)
- One-way flight from Queenstown to Christchurch
- Hotels – accommodation in standard rooms, based on twin share
- 2 nights Queenstown – Ramada Suites, Holiday Inn Queenstown or similar
- 3 nights Christchurch – Carnmore Hotel, Breakfree on Cashel Christchurch or similar
- Cruise – 1 night aboard Milford Mariner
- Private cabin with ensuite bathroom
- 3-course dinner & cooked breakfast prepared by the onboard chef
- Specialist nature guide on board
- Choose to explore the shoreline by kayak or small boat
- Wildlife sighting opportunities – seals, penguins & dolphins
- Transfers – Return cruise transfers from Queenstown to Milford Sound
- Sightseeing – TranzAlpine & Athurs Pass Day Tour by road & rail
- Christchurch Trolley Tour
2023 & 2024 – 26 January to 20 March; 5 April to 30 April; 10 October to 10 December
Includes flights from Melbourne, Brisbane or Sydney. Extra $299 per person to fly from Adelaide, Canberra and Hobart.
Note: Departures are subject to confirmation at time of booking and price will vary depending on your travel date and departure airport. Please contact us for current prices, alternative Australian departure cities and travel at other times of the year.
Get the Brochure:
Click on the button to view or download a copy of the brochure. The brochure includes more details and the full itinerary.
Want to Stay Longer or Upgrade?
Let us know if you’d like to extend your stay in New Zealand and add the North Island.
Ask us today about staying in other properties or adding more services. We are happy to design a holiday that will suit you best.
We can look after you. Single supplement is from $999 and covers the cost of private rooms and cabin.
This special deal is available for a limited time. Please contact us for current rates.
All prices are per person, based on twin share, and listed in Australian dollars (AUD). Prices were accurate as of 24 July 2023.
The package is subject to confirmation at the time of booking and prices may change without notice. Booking conditions and cancellation fees apply.
Please read Australia & New Zealand Travel Company’s Terms & Booking Conditions prior to making a reservation. By booking any travel service with us, you have agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions.
How to Book
You can also select a trip and request it via this website – please make sure you enter the quantity for the number of people travelling. In the ‘Additional Information’ field on the Checkout page, add your preferred departure date plus any other information that will help us process your booking, such as departure city and travel preferences.
No payment is required to submit an online booking request, but your booking is pending and no place is being held. Your booking status will be advised when you hear from our travel consultants. Bookings are normally actioned within 24 hours – Monday to Friday.