New Zealand North & South Island Escorted Rail Tour at Christmas – 10 days
Combine three spectacular rail journeys to explore the North and South Islands and make it a Christmas to remember in New Zealand!
Fly to Auckland to begin your New Zealand discovery. There will be ample free time to enjoy the urban delights of Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch on this fully-escorted trip. Journey through Tongariro National Park aboard the Northern Explorer train, skirt the Pacific Coast between Christchurch and Picton aboard the Coastal Pacific. Feel like you’ve arrived in Middle Earth on the TranzAlpine train through the Canterbury Plains – and more. A scenic crossing aboard the Interislander Ferry is sure to be another highlight of this memorable New Zealand holiday.
Plus, you’ll be travelling at a very special time of the year and will get to celebrate the festive season with Christmas lunch in Christchurch!
Why you’ll love this escorted tour:
- Travel around New Zealand by scenic train and ferry at a joyous time of the year
- Spends two nights in Wellington, three nights in Auckland & four nights Christchurch
- Discover historic monuments, iconic sights & cultural experiences in the cities
- Breathtaking train rides through volcanic mountains, rich forests & alongside icy blue rivers!
Your Holiday Includes:
- Flights to New Zealand – return economy ex Melbourne, Brisbane, Gold Coast & Sydney
- Rail journeys – Northern Explorer from Auckland to Wellington through central North Island
- Coastal Pacific from Christchurch to Picton between the mountains and sea
- TranzAlpine train through South Islands striking natural landscape
- Ferry – Interislander scenic ferry to marvel at the beautiful Marlborough Sounds
- Accommodation – 9 nights in standard rooms, based on twin share
- 3 nights Auckland – VR Suites Auckland or Grand Central Serviced Apartments
- 2 nights Wellington – Astelia Apartment or Quest on Lambton
- 4 nights Christchurch – ibis Christchurch or Christchurch City Hotel
- Meals – 8 breakfasts & 2 lunches – including Christmas Lunch in Christchurch
- Sightseeing – Day tours in Auckland, Wellington & Christchurch
Prices & Departure Date:
Special Christmas tour departs Australia on 19 December, 2022
From $3999 per person – with flights from Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane or the Gold Goast
Extra $499 per person for flights from Adelaide, Hobart or Canberra. Extra $799 per person from Perth.
Want to travel at other times of the year? Click here to see our escorted tour departures.
Note: Prices are per person, based on twin share. Departures are subject to confirmation at time of booking and price may vary depending on your travel date and departure city. Tour requires a minimum number of travellers to be escorted by a tour leader.
Get the Brochure:
Click on the button to view or download a copy of the brochure. The brochure includes more details and the full itinerary (where applicable).
Want to Stay Longer or Upgrade?
You can add extra nights in Auckland and Christchurch.
Ask us about upgrading your flights to Premium Economy or Business Class.
Let us know if you’d like to see more of New Zealand by adding car hire to an extended stay.
Ask us today about staying in other properties or adding more services. We are happy to design a holiday that will suit you best.
We can look after you. Ask about our option to share with a traveller of the same sex. Or a single supplement from $800 covers the cost of having your own rooms.
This special deal is valid for a limited time. Please contact us for current rates.
All prices are per person, based on twin share, and listed in Australian dollars (AUD). Prices are correct as of 29 June 2022.
The package is subject to confirmation at the time of booking and prices may change without notice. Booking conditions and cancellation fees apply.
Please read Australia & New Zealand Travel Company’s Terms & Booking Conditions prior to making a reservation. By booking any travel service with us, you have agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions.
How to Book
To make a booking please call Australia & New Zealand Travel Company on 1300 168 910 or email email@example.com.
You can also select a trip and request it via this website – please make sure you enter the quantity for the number of people travelling. In the ‘Additional Information’ field on the Checkout page, add your preferred departure date plus any other information that will help us process your booking, such as departure city and travel preferences.
No payment is required to submit an online booking request, but your booking is pending and no place is being held. Your booking status will be advised when you hear from our travel consultants. Bookings are normally actioned within 24 hours – Monday to Friday.