New Zealand Escorted Group Tour, Designed for Solo Travellers – 16 days
This group tour has everything you expect from a New Zealand itinerary and then some!
Over 16 sensational days (and 15 nights) you’ll experience it all: jaw-dropping scenery, a spectacular alpine train journey, rich Māori culture, picture-perfect lakes, local delicacies and more wonderful sightseeing highlights.
This guided tour of the South and North Island starts in Christchurch and will visit Omarama, Dunedin, Te Anau, Milford Sound, Queenstown, Fox Glacier, Wellington, Rotorua, Bay of Islands and many more memorable sights, before ending in Auckland.
Also included are a few ‘must-do’ events, ranging from a traditional Māori hangi and concert, to experiencing a Haggis ceremony and cruising Lake Wakatipu on the historic TSS Earnslaw. There are no hidden extras and loads of inclusions that you wouldn’t want to miss!
Why you’ll love this trip:
- Solo travellers can share with another same-sex traveller, so no single supplement!
- Explore the South Island, from famous fjords to frozen glaciers
- Board the TransAlpine, renowned as one of the great train journeys of the world.
- Cross the Cook Strait between the South and North Island on a very scenic ferry ride.
- Enjoy a two-night stay in the Bay of Islands and cruise aboard a luxury catamaran.
- A Māori Cultural Experience and Hāngi. You’ll visit a living Māori village within a geothermal area for an evening of performances featuring the breathtaking haka.
Your Holiday Includes:
- International Flights
- Return economy class airfares from your homeport (contact us for included cities)
- Coach Features
- 48 seats on a Classic touring coach
- 2 door access; overhead travel bag storage
- Restroom; panoramic viewing
- Personalised Meet and Greet on arrival
- Return airport transfers in New Zealand
- Professional Coach Captain
- Tour Leader
- 15 nights 3.5 star accommodation
- 4 two-night stays
- Hotel porterage
- 1 rail journey
- 4 cruises
- All sightseeing and prepaid attractions
- Extensive Optional Tours Programme
- Classic Documentation Pack
- 15 cooked breakfasts including a specialty breakfast: Stratosfare Restaurant, Rotorua
- 12 sumptuous dinners including 4 specialty dinners: Complimentary pre-dinner drink at the Welcome Dinner, Christchurch; Haggis Ceremony, Dunedin; Walter Peak Homestead, Queenstown; Mãori Hãngi and Concert, Rotorua
- 1 picnic lunch: Milford Sound Cruise
- 1 delicious Devonshire Tea: Larnach Castle
- Enjoy Hotel Wine Time (discounted drinks)
- 18 Prepaid Attractions & Experiences – see the brochure for details
2022 – 6 November
2023 – 9 February
Note: Departures are subject to confirmation at time of booking and price may vary depending on your travel date. Please contact us for other departures.
Get the Brochure:
Click on the button to view or download a copy of the brochure. The brochure includes more details and the full itinerary (where applicable).
Want to Stay Longer or Upgrade?
Let us know if you’d like to extend your stay in New Zealand and add hotel stays before or after the tour.
Ask us today about staying in other properties or adding more services. We are happy to design a holiday that will suit you best.
We can look after you. Solo travellers who are happy to share with a traveller of the same sex pay the twin share price, with no single supplement.
This special deal is available for a limited time. Please contact us for current rates.
All prices are per person, based on twin share, and listed in Australian dollars (AUD). Prices are accurate as of 10 April 2022.
The package is subject to confirmation at the time of booking and prices may change without notice. Booking conditions and cancellation fees apply.
Please read Australia & New Zealand Travel Company’s Terms & Booking Conditions prior to making a reservation. By booking any travel service with us, you have agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions.
How to Book
To make a booking please call Australia & New Zealand Travel Company on 1300 168 910 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also select a trip and request it via this website – please make sure you enter the quantity for the number of people travelling. In the ‘Additional Information’ field on the Checkout page, add your preferred departure date plus any other information that will help us process your booking, such as departure city and travel preferences.
No payment is required to submit an online booking request, but your booking is pending and no place is being held. Your booking status will be advised when you hear from our travel consultants. Bookings are normally actioned within 24 hours – Monday to Friday.