New Zealand Cruise from Sydney with North & South Island Rail Tour – 22 days
Tick all the amazing holiday boxes on a cruise to New Zealand, combined with three of country’s greatest rail journeys to explore the spectacular North and South Islands!
Board Majestic Princess in Sydney for a voyage bound for Melbourne, Hobart, scenic cruising in Fiordland National Park, Dunedin, Christchurch, Picton and Tauranga, before landing in Auckland.
Then there will be ample free time to enjoy the urban delights of Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch on the overland section of this trip. Journey through Tongariro National Park aboard the Northern Explorer train, skirt the Pacific Coast between Christchurch and Picton aboard the Coastal Pacific, feel like you’ve arrived in Middle Earth on the TranzAlpine train through the Canterbury Plains – and more! A scenic crossing aboard the Interislander Ferry is sure to be another highlight of this memorable New Zealand holiday!
Why you’ll love this trip:
- What a worry-free combination – cruise to New Zealand and explore the country by train
- Spends four nights in Auckland and two nights in both Wellington & Christchurch
- Discover historic monuments, iconic sights & cultural experiences in the cities
- Breathtaking train rides through volcanic mountains, rich forests & alongside icy blue rivers!
Your Holiday Includes:
- Cruise to New Zealand – 13 nights cruise from Sydney to Auckland
- Choice of cabin aboard Majestic Princess
- All meals & non-chargeable entertainment on board the ship
- Rail journeys – 3 legendary train rides
- Northern Explorer from Auckland to Wellington through central North Island
- Coastal Pacific from Christchurch to Picton between the mountains and sea
- TranzAlpine train through South Islands striking natural landscape
- Ferry – Interislander scenic ferry to marvel at the beautiful Marlborough Sounds
- Accommodation – 8 nights in standard rooms, based on twin share
- 4 nights Auckland – Grand Central Serviced Apartments
- 2 nights Wellington – Astelia Apartment or Quest on Lambton
- 2 nights Christchurch – ibis Christchurch or Breakfree on Cashel
- Flight to Australia – one-way economy airfare from Christchurch to Melbourne, Sydney or Brisbane (other cities on request)
Prices & Departure Date:
Departs Australia on 16 January, 2023 for the best value deal
Inside Cabin – from $4999 per person
Balcony Cabin – from $5799 per person
Note: Prices are per person, based on twin share. Departures are subject to confirmation at time of booking and price may vary depending on your travel date and departure city.
Get the Brochure:
Click on the button to view or download a copy of the brochure. The brochure includes more details and the full itinerary (where applicable).
Want to Stay Longer or Upgrade?
You can add extra nights in Auckland and Christchurch.
Ask us about upgrading your flight to Premium Economy or Business Class.
Let us know if you’d like to see more of New Zealand by adding car hire to an extended stay.
Ask us today about staying in other properties or adding more services. We are happy to design a holiday that will suit you best.
We can look after you. Please contact us for single traveller rates.
This special deal is valid for a limited time. Please contact us for current rates.
All prices are per person, based on twin share, and listed in Australian dollars (AUD). Prices are correct as of 4 July 2022.
The package is subject to confirmation at the time of booking and prices may change without notice. Booking conditions and cancellation fees apply.
Please read Australia & New Zealand Travel Company’s Terms & Booking Conditions prior to making a reservation. By booking any travel service with us, you have agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions.
How to Book
To make a booking please call Australia & New Zealand Travel Company on 1300 168 910 or email email@example.com.
You can also select a trip and request it via this website – please make sure you enter the quantity for the number of people travelling. In the ‘Additional Information’ field on the Checkout page, add your preferred departure date plus any other information that will help us process your booking, such as departure city and travel preferences.
No payment is required to submit an online booking request, but your booking is pending and no place is being held. Your booking status will be advised when you hear from our travel consultants. Bookings are normally actioned within 24 hours – Monday to Friday.