New Zealand Motorhome North to South Island Self-Drive Holiday – 14 Days
What a road trip! On this amazing 14-day journey you’ll have complete freedom and flexibility to explore New Zealand at your own pace!
Fly to Auckland and pick up your motorhome. The only thing you have to worry about is getting to Christchurch 14 days later for your flight home. With unlimited kilometres and your bed travelling with you, it’s time to start planning an incredible adventure.
Choose to visit New Zealand’s astounding national parks, discover dynamic Maori culture, taste gastronomic delights, enjoy wilderness walks, thrilling activities or more.
On the North Island, there’s the breathtaking Bay of Islands and geothermal wonders of Rotorua. Time it right and on the South Island you could enjoy world-class ski resorts or take the coastal route between the South’s two largest cities, Christchurch and Dunedin.
We’ve put together a suggested itinerary to make the most of your time, but feel free to follow your nose and go where the mood suits you!
Why you’ll love this trip:
- Two weeks to explore New Zealand at your leisure on the self-drive itinerary.
- Your bed travels with you, so you can stop where you want and explore what interests you most.
- Flights from Australia are included with Qantas, Virgin Australia or Air New Zealand.
Your Holiday Includes:
- Flights to New Zealand – Return economy airfare to Auckland and from Christchurch
- Depart from Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane – surcharges for other cities
- Flying Air New Zealand, Qantas, Jetstar or Virgin Australia
- Motorhome rental – 14 days automatic motorhome with unlimited kilometres
- Pick up Auckland & drop off Christchurch
- Standard equipment included: linen & bedding, kitchen equipment & tablet with GPS
- Seating Capacity: 4 passengers
- Sleeping Capacity: 4 passengers
- Bedding: 2 x double
- Living Amenities: Kitchen, shower, toilet, water tank, waste tank
- Vehicle Features: Back camera
- Equipment: Child seats mountable (not included)
- Category: Motorhome Class B
- Edition: “self-contained” certified
- Model Age: up to 5 years
- Length: 6.7 metres
- Transmission: Automatic
- Engine: Diesel
2021 – 10 July to 10 September, 10 October to 30 November
2022 – 01 February to 25 March, 20 April to 15 June
Note: Prices may vary depending on your departure date and are subject to confirmation by the local operators.
Get the Brochure:
Click here to view or download a copy of the brochure. The brochure includes more details and the full itinerary (where applicable).
Want to Stay Longer?
You can add extra nights in Auckland or Christchurch, before and after the motorhome rental. Or you could extend the van hire.
Ask us today about staying at other properties or adding more services. We are happy to design a holiday that will suit you best.
We can look after you. The surcharge for single travellers is from $1400, please contact us for current rates.
All prices are per person, based on twin share, and listed in Australian dollars (AUD). The package is subject to confirmation at the time of booking and prices may change without notice.
AU$250 per person deposit is required to confirm your booking and balance is due 120 days before departure. Payments are non-refundable. Booking conditions and cancellation fees apply.
Please read Australia & New Zealand Travel Company’s Terms & Booking Conditions prior to making a reservation. By booking any travel service with us, you have agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions.
How to Book
To make a booking please call Australia & New Zealand Travel Company on 1300 168 910 or email email@example.com.
You can also select a trip and request it via this website – please make sure you enter the quantity for the number of people travelling. In the ‘Additional Information’ field on the Checkout page, add your preferred departure date plus any other information that will help us process your booking, such as departure city and travel preferences.
No payment is required to submit an online booking request, but your booking is pending and no place is being held. Your booking status will be advised when you hear from our travel consultants. Bookings are normally actioned within 24 hours – Monday to Friday.