New Zealand Queen Charlotte Cruise & Walk with Flights – 8 days
Discover a world of Maori legends and magnificent natural wonders on this unique South Island adventure!
Fly to Wellington and make your way across to Picton to embark on a journey of superb natural beauty in the Marlborough Sounds region. By day, hike the Queen Charlotte Track and spend the evenings aboard a privately owned and operated purpose-built 20 metre (63 foot) cruise vessel. The immense local knowledge of the crew allows flexible options to make the most of your journey according to weather and sea conditions.
Walk the entire length of the famous and spectacular track, or meander as much or as little as you like. The walks are unaccompanied to allow for flexibility and you can meet your floating home at a designated place each evening. Your luggage stays on the ship, so all you need to carry is a day pack.
In addition to the joys of the daily walks, there are many opportunities to spot marine wildlife such as seals, dolphins, penguins and albatross while cruising the bays. Enjoy lush native forests, coastal scrub, picturesque coves and grand panoramic vistas each day. Followed by Kiwi hospitality, home-cooked meals and the sound of the sea lulling you to sleep at night.
Why you’ll love this trip:
- Enjoy the hospitality of local hosts onboard a private, purpose-built cruising vessel
- Hike the full Queen Charlotte Track over four days where Maori and early European settlers have left a rich history to discover
- Cruise some of the bays and coves along Queen Charlotte Sound
- Visit Meretoto/Ship Cove, significant as a landing place and safe haven for explorers in both Maori and European history
- Varied walking along shorelines and up onto ridge tops, through native forest and with panoramic views
- Visit Motuara Island for a chance to spot some of New Zealand’s rare bird and reptile species (weather dependent)
- Plus flights from Australia and pre-cruise accommodation is included!
Your Holiday Includes:
- Flights – Return economy flights to Wellington from Melbourne, Sydney or Brisbane
- Pre-payable airline taxes & fuel surcharges
- Surcharge of $295 applies for Canberra, Adelaide & Hobart. Extra $450 from Perth.
- Accommodation – standard rooms with private bathrooms, based on twin share
- 1 night at Ibis Hotel Wellington
- 1 motel in Picton
- Cruise – 5 nights aboard ‘Affinity’ private cruise vessel from Picton
- Comfortable twin share cabin with single sex shared bathroom
- 5 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 5 dinners
- Drinking water and trail snacks
- Experienced local crew onboard the boat
- A visit to Motuara Island Scenic Reserve / Bird Sanctuary
- Queen Charlotte Track Land Cooperative (QCTLC) Track Pass
- Trail information, map and route notes (one per booking)
- PLB hire (Personal Locator Beacon – one per booking party)
- Use of gumboots onboard the boat and for going ashore
2021 – 29 October
2022 – 5 February, 29 March
Note: Departures are subject to confirmation at time of booking and price may vary depending on your travel date.
Get the Brochure:
Click on the button to view or download a copy of the brochure. The brochure includes more details and the full itinerary (where applicable).
Want to Stay Longer or Upgrade?
You can add extra nights in New Zealand or upgrading the Wellington hotel. We can also provide a quote for premium class flights.
Ask us today about staying at other properties or adding more services. We are happy to design a holiday that will suit you best.
We can look after you. The single supplement is approximately $1500 to cover the costs of a solo traveller.
This special deal is valid until 30 October 2021, unless sold out sooner. Please contact us for current rates.
All prices are per person, based on twin share, and listed in Australian dollars (AUD). The package is subject to confirmation at the time of booking and prices may change without notice. Booking conditions and cancellation fees apply.
Please read Australia & New Zealand Travel Company’s Terms & Booking Conditions prior to making a reservation. By booking any travel service with us, you have agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions.
How to Book
To make a booking please call Australia & New Zealand Travel Company on 1300 168 910 or email email@example.com.
You can also select a trip and request it via this website – please make sure you enter the quantity for the number of people travelling. In the ‘Additional Information’ field on the Checkout page, add your preferred departure date plus any other information that will help us process your booking, such as departure city and travel preferences.
No payment is required to submit an online booking request, but your booking is pending and no place is being held. Your booking status will be advised when you hear from our travel consultants. Bookings are normally actioned within 24 hours – Monday to Friday.