New Zealand South Island Fly, Drive & Stay – 10 days
Celebrate the beauty of New Zealand and discover the icons of the South Island!
Fly to Christchurch and get set for an amazing 10 days. Explore beautiful Hagley Park and the Botanic Gardens, watch flat-bottomed punts glide along the Avon River, admire the colourful murals and enjoy getting to know the spirit of this great city.
Head to Franz Josef Glacier, one of the most photographed UNESCO World Heritage Sites in New Zealand, then pass through the Southern Alps to Te Anau and pristine Milford Sound. Spend time in picturesque Queenstown, famously known as the adventure capital of New Zealand. If you take this trip in winter, from here you could ski or snowboard on the fantastic ski fields of The Remarkables and Coronet Peak.
This amazing South Island itinerary gives you the flexibility to travel at your own pace and make use of those unlimited kilometres on some of the world’s most spectacular road trips!
Why you’ll love this trip:
- It’s such an easy-going and well-planned trip that’s great value for money!
- Stay 3 nights in Christchurch and 2 nights in Franz Josef, Te Anau and Queenstown.
- Enjoy the convenience of car hire to see more of the South Island.
- Flights from Australia are included on this worry-free holiday!
Your Holiday Includes:
- Flights – Return economy airfare to Christchurch
- Fly from Melbourne, Sydney or Brisbane (Extra $295 per person from Adelaide, Canberra or Hobart)
- Flying with Air New Zealand, Jetstar or Qantas with baggage included
- Car hire – 10 days Economy, automatic vehicle with unlimited kilometres
- All-inclusive car rental
- Accommodation – 9 nights in typically 3-star properties, standard rooms, twin share
- 3 nights Christchurch at Aotea Motel or City Park Motel
- 2 nights Franz Josef Glacier at Glacier View Motel
- 2 nights Te Anau at Edgewater Motel
- 2 nights Queenstown at Blue Peaks Lodge
Departs Tuesdays & Saturdays from Australia:
Low season – 05 October to 30 November
Mid season – 20 April to 15 September
High season – 11 September to 04 October, 20 January to 31 March
Peak season – 01 December 2022 to 19 January
Note: Prices are per person based on twin share and will vary depending on travel dates. Departures are subject to confirmation at time of booking. Please contact us for current rates.
Get the Brochure:
Click on the button to view or download a copy of the brochure. The brochure includes more details and the full itinerary (where applicable).
Want to Stay Longer or Upgrade?
You can add extra nights or upgrade from 3-star motels to enjoy the comforts of 4-star hotels. Let us know if you’d like to see more of New Zealand by adding a North Island package.
Ask us today about staying in other properties or adding more services. We are happy to design a holiday that will suit you best.
We can look after you. Please contact us for current single traveller rates.
This special deal is valid for a limited time with a deposit of $1200 per person. Please contact us for current rates.
All prices are per person, based on twin share, and listed in Australian dollars (AUD). Prices were correct as of 18 September 2023.
The package is subject to confirmation at the time of booking and prices may change without notice. Booking conditions and cancellation fees apply.
Please read Australia & New Zealand Travel Company’s Terms & Booking Conditions prior to making a reservation. By booking any travel service with us, you have agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions.
How to Book
You can also select a trip and request it via this website – please make sure you enter the quantity for the number of people travelling. In the ‘Additional Information’ field on the Checkout page, add your preferred departure date plus any other information that will help us process your booking, such as departure city and travel preferences.
No payment is required to submit an online booking request, but your booking is pending and no place is being held. Your booking status will be advised when you hear from our travel consultants. Bookings are normally actioned within 24 hours – Monday to Friday.