New Zealand Fiordland Navigator Cruise, TranzAlpine Train, Northern Explorer & More – 14 days
Experience the beauty of the South and North Island in this extraordinary New Zealand holiday!
Begin in picturesque Queenstown, famously known as the adventure capital of New Zealand. Then drive to Milford Sound for a spectacular overnight cruise aboard the Fiordland Navigator. Cruise to the open sea before anchoring in sheltered Harrison Cove for the night. Wildlife viewing opportunities, being accompanied by nature guides, friendly crew and a special dinner are all part of the unforgettable experience.
Jump back in the car and head to Franz Josef Glacier, where you have two nights to explore the charming alpine town in the heart of the West Coast. Of course, the unmissable attraction is the famous 12km long glacier. On a clear day, you could even be lucky enough to get a glimpse of the icy peaks from the village.
Next is another fantastic highlight aboard the TranzAlpine Scenic Train. Travel from west to east across the South Island on one of the world’s great train journeys. Through Arthur’s Pass National Park and descend to the Canterbury Plains before pulling into Christchurch.
After time to explore the southern capital, it’s another thrilling travel day, this time aboard the Coastal Pacific Train and Interislander Ferry to Wellington. Travelling between Christchurch and Picton, the Coastal Pacific meanders breathtakingly close to the sea, where the roaring Pacific Ocean meets the rising Kaikōura mountains. The Coastal Pacific isn’t just a scenic activity, combined with the Interislander Ferry it is the perfect way to connect between the South and North islands.
Enjoy two nights discovering the highlights of Wellington, the Harbour Capital, then board the Northern Explorer train bound for Auckland. Travel from the picture-perfect Kapiti coast to the volcanic peaks of the Central Plateau and fertile farmlands of Waikato.
A three-night stay in Auckland caps off this breathtaking journey, before it’s time to say Mā te wā Aotearoa – see you next time New Zealand!
Why you’ll love this trip:
- Explore Milford Sound on the Fiordland Navigator, nothing compares to a night on the fjord
- On the South Island, have fun staying in Queenstown, Franz Josef and Christchurch
- Enjoy the convenience of car hire to see more of the South Island
- Travel on the world-famous TranzAlpine Scenic Train
- Take a ride on the heritage trams around Christchurch’s city loop
- The Coastal Pacific train and Interislander Ferry connect the South and North islands
- Discover the delights of Wellington and Auckland with extended stays
Your Holiday Includes:
- Car hire – 6 days Economy, automatic vehicle
- Unlimited kilometres
- Pick up Queenstown Airport, drop off Greymouth Rail Terminal
- Accommodation – 12 nights in standard rooms, twin share
- 3 nights Queenstown – Quest Hotel, Ramada Suites or Holiday Inn
- 2 nights Franz Josef – Punga View or Glacier View Motel
- 2 nights Christchurch – Quest on Manchester or Ramada Suites
- 2 nights Wellington – Mercure Hotel or similar
- 3 nights Auckland – Grand Central Serviced Apartments or similar
- Cruise – 1 night aboard Fiordland Navigator, private cabin, twin share
- 3-course dinner & cooked breakfast prepared by the onboard chef
- Kayaking & tender boat activities (weather dependent)
- Trains – TranzAlpine Scenic Train, one-way from Greymouth t0 Christchurch
- Coastal Pacific Train, one-way from Christchurch to Picton
- Northern Explorer Train, one-way from Wellington to Auckland
- Ferry – Interislander Ferry connects with the Coastal Pacific, from Picton to Wellington
- Sightseeing – Christchurch Hop On Hop Off Tram Tour
- Auckland Hop On Hop Off Bus Tour
Starts in Queenstown on Tuesdays and Thursdays, from October 2023 to May 2024.
Surcharges may apply during peak periods, including Easter, Christmas and school holidays. Please contact us for current rates and travel at other times of the year.
Note: Departures are subject to confirmation at time of booking and price will vary depending on your travel date. Prices are per person based on twin share and can change without notice.
Get the Brochure:
Click on the button to view or download a copy of the brochure. The brochure includes more details and the full itinerary.
Want to Stay Longer or Upgrade?
Let us know if you’d like to add flights from Australia or extend your stay in New Zealand.
There’s also the option to upgrade the hotels or have a larger rental vehicle.
Ask us today about staying in other properties or adding more services. We are happy to design a holiday that will suit you best.
We can look after you. Please request single traveller rates.
This special deal is available for a limited time. Please contact us for current rates.
All prices are per person, based on twin share, and listed in Australian dollars (AUD). Prices are accurate as of 16 May 2023.
The package is subject to confirmation at the time of booking and prices may change without notice. Booking conditions and cancellation fees apply.
Please read Australia & New Zealand Travel Company’s Terms & Booking Conditions prior to making a reservation. By booking any travel service with us, you have agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions.
How to Book
You can also select a trip and request it via this website – please make sure you enter the quantity for the number of people travelling. In the ‘Additional Information’ field on the Checkout page, add your preferred departure date plus any other information that will help us process your booking, such as departure city and travel preferences.
No payment is required to submit an online booking request, but your booking is pending and no place is being held. Your booking status will be advised when you hear from our travel consultants. Bookings are normally actioned within 24 hours – Monday to Friday.