New Zealand South Island Whales & Glacier Fly, Drive, Stay & Tour – 14 days
What a spectacular South Island road trip! On this fantastic self-drive holiday you’ll have the comfort and freedom to explore at your own pace – with enough pre-planning to make it a worry-free trip!
Fly to Christchurch and pick up your rental car at the airport. Stay 3 nights in Christchurch to see the sights, then it’s time to head north to the coastal town of Kaikoura. Famous for its wildlife, seal colony and whales, this is where you’ll join a whale watching cruise in search of dolphins, wild Killer whales and giant Sperm whales.
A stunning drive takes you to astounding Franz Josef Glacier, where you can get up close to this natural wonder. Then head further south to Queenstown and enjoy a tour of beautiful Milford Sound. Of course, Queenstown is also known as the adventure capital of New Zealand, so during your 4-night stay you could go bungee jumping, kayaking or jet-boating and in winter you’ve got world-class ski slopes nearby!
Why you’ll love this trip:
- Fly to Christchurch and leave from Queenstown for an ideal South Island itinerary.
- Enjoy 3 and 4-night stays in each destination to have time to explore.
- Having a hire car on hand makes it easy to explore as much as you like.
- Sightseeing included for Christchurch, whale watching, glacier tour and Milford Sound!
Your Holiday Includes:
- Flights to New Zealand – Return economy airfare to Christchurch & from Queenstown
- Fly from Sydney, Brisbane or Melbourne (ask us for other cities)
- Flying with Jetstar with baggage (Qantas & Virgin Australia available for a surcharge)
- Car hire – 14 days economy vehicle with Alamo or Enterprise
- Pick up Christchurch Airport & drop off Queenstown Airport
- Accommodation – 13 nights hotel accommodation in standard rooms, twin share
- 3 nights Christchurch – BreakFree on Cashel or similar
- 3 nights Kaikoura – Alpine View Hotel or similar
- 3 nights Franz Josef Glacier – Scenic Hotel Franz Josef Glacier or similar
- 4 nights Queenstown – Ramada Queenstown Central or similar
- Sightseeing tours – 4 escorted tours
- Christchurch city sightseeing tour
- Whale Watching in Kaikoura by boat
- Franz Josef Glacier encounter
- Milford Sound day tour from Queenstown
2021 – 1 May to 10 June, 25 July to 10 September, 10 October to 30 November
Note: Subject to confirmation at time of booking and price may vary depending on your travel date. Please ask for departures from other cities.
Get the Brochure:
Click on the button to view or download a copy of the brochure. The brochure includes more details and the full itinerary (where applicable).
Want to Stay Longer or Upgrade?
You can add extra nights in the South Island or add on a North Island adventure.
There’s also the chance to fly Virgin Australia or Qantas for approximately $150 per person extra and let us know if you would like to upgrade your car hire vehicle.
Ask us today about staying at other properties or adding more services. We are happy to design a holiday that will suit you best.
We can look after you. Please contact us for single traveller rates.
This special deal is valid until 31 October, 2021, but prices may fluctuate at any time.
All prices are per person, based on twin share, and listed in Australian dollars (AUD). The package is subject to confirmation at the time of booking and prices may change without notice. Booking conditions and cancellation fees apply.
Please read Australia & New Zealand Travel Company’s Terms & Booking Conditions prior to making a reservation. By booking any travel service with us, you have agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions.
How to Book
To make a booking please call Australia & New Zealand Travel Company on 1300 168 910 or email email@example.com.
You can also select a trip and request it via this website – please make sure you enter the quantity for the number of people travelling. In the ‘Additional Information’ field on the Checkout page, add your preferred departure date plus any other information that will help us process your booking, such as departure city and travel preferences.
No payment is required to submit an online booking request, but your booking is pending and no place is being held. Your booking status will be advised when you hear from our travel consultants. Bookings are normally actioned within 24 hours – Monday to Friday.