New Zealand North Island Tour & Self-Drive Holiday – 8 Days
This week is packed full of North Island highlights. First up is your chance to absorb all the valuable information from your local driver guide as you travel by coach on the Bay of Islands tour. After you arrive back in Auckland, it’s your chance to travel at your own pace through the heart of the North Island on this New Zealand self-drive tour. Journey south through the Waikato countryside to Rotorua, the Maori culture capital of New Zealand. It’s then on to the Art Deco city of Napier in the Hawkes Bay area, home to New Zealand’s oldest vineyards. The final leg of your trip travels through the Wairarapa region to the capital city of Wellington.
Why you’ll love this trip:
- 3-day tour includes the seaside town of Paihia and a tour of the Waitangi Treaty Grounds, a full day adventure to Cape Reinga and Ninety Mile Beach and a cruise to the famous Hole in the Rock.
- 3 more days to explore the North Island at your leisure on the self-drive itinerary.
- Enjoy accommodation in Auckland, Paihia, Rotorua, Napier and Wellington.
- Fly to New Zealand with Qantas, Jetstar or Air New Zealand.
Your Holiday Includes:
- Return economy airfare from Melbourne & Sydney flying into Auckland and returning from Wellington. Surcharge will be applicable for other departure cities.
- 7 nights staying in 3-star motels or hotels with private facilities
- Transport in air-conditioned coach for the Bay of Islands tour
- Bay Hole in the Rock cruise
- Cape Reinga & Ninety Mile Beach full-day tour
- 5 days car rental for Auckland to Wellington self-drive itinerary
2021 – 01 February to 25 March, 25 April to 10 June, 25 July to 10 September, 10 October to 30 November
Note: Prices may vary depending on your departure date and are subject to confirmation by the local operators.
Get the Brochure:
Click here to view or download a copy of the brochure. The brochure includes more details and the full itinerary (where applicable).
Want to Stay Longer?
You can add extra nights in Auckland before and after the tour, or you could add on travel to the South Island.
Ask us today about staying at other properties or adding more services. We are happy to design a holiday that will suit you best.
Please contact us for rates for single travellers.
All prices are per person, based on twin share, and listed in Australian dollars (AUD). The package is subject to confirmation at the time of booking and prices may change without notice. Booking conditions and cancellation fees apply.
Please read Australia & New Zealand Travel Company’s Terms & Booking Conditions prior to making a reservation. By booking any travel service with us, you have agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions.
How to Book
To make a booking please call Australia & New Zealand Travel Company on 1300 168 910 or email email@example.com.
You can also select a trip and request it via this website – please make sure you enter the quantity for the number of people travelling. In the ‘Additional Information’ field on the Checkout page, add your preferred departure date plus any other information that will help us process your booking, such as departure city and travel preferences.
No payment is required to submit an online booking request, but your booking is pending and no place is being held. Your booking status will be advised when you hear from our travel consultants. Bookings are normally actioned within 24 hours – Monday to Friday.