NZ South Island Self-Drive Itinerary – 11 Days:
This trip is packed full of New Zealand highlights and inclusions, from your flights to car hire, hotels and more! This South Island loop takes you along the coast between the South’s two largest cities, Christchurch and Dunedin. In Dunedin you have time to explore the unique wildlife of the Otago Peninsula, before continuing south to Te Anau, gateway to Milford Sound where you’ll cruise the length of the fiord. This 11-day self-drive tour wouldn’t be complete without 2 nights in the ‘Adventure Capital’ of Queenstown, before you follow the Southern Alps north to Mt Cook National Park and back to Christchurch.
Why you’ll love this trip:
- Your itinerary is planned to make the most of your time, but you get to explore at your leisure.
- On arrival you’ll receive a travel pack with everything you need to know for your trip, including printed itinerary and driving instructions.
- Enjoy accommodation in Christchurch, Dunedin, Te Anau, Queenstown and Mount Cook.
- Fly to New Zealand with Qantas, Jetstar or Air New Zealand.
Your Holiday Includes:
- Return economy airfare from Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane to Christchurch
- 10 nights accommodation in 3-star motels or hotels with private facilities
- Car rental included for duration of self-drive itinerary
- Tour pack – includes detailed driving instructions, maps, guide book
- Private airport transfer to hotel upon arrival in Christchurch
- Milford Sound Nature Cruise with lunch
2021 – 01 February to 25 March, 25 April to 10 June, 25 July to 10 September, 10 October to 30 November
Note: Prices may vary depending on your departure date and are subject to confirmation by the local operators.
Get the Brochure:
Click here to view or download a copy of the brochure. The brochure includes more details and the full itinerary (where applicable).
Want to Stay Longer?
You can add extra nights in Christchurch before and after the tour, or you could add on travel to the North Island.
Ask us today about staying at other properties or adding more services. We are happy to design a holiday that will suit you best.
Please contact us for rates for single travellers.
All prices are per person, based on twin share, and listed in Australian dollars (AUD). The package is subject to confirmation at the time of booking and prices may change without notice. Booking conditions and cancellation fees apply.
Please read Australia & New Zealand Travel Company’s Terms & Booking Conditions prior to making a reservation. By booking any travel service with us, you have agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions.
How to Book
To make a booking please call Australia & New Zealand Travel Company on 1300 168 910 or email email@example.com.
You can also select a trip and request it via this website – please make sure you enter the quantity for the number of people travelling. In the ‘Additional Information’ field on the Checkout page, add your preferred departure date plus any other information that will help us process your booking, such as departure city and travel preferences.
No payment is required to submit an online booking request, but your booking is pending and no place is being held. Your booking status will be advised when you hear from our travel consultants. Bookings are normally actioned within 24 hours – Monday to Friday.