The Overland Train with Melbourne & Adelaide – 8 Days
Enjoy the fun of exploring Melbourne and Adelaide at your own pace and thrill of travelling between the great Australian cities by train.
There is nothing quite like travelling by rail, and especially aboard the historic Overland that has been operating a day-long service between Melbourne and Adelaide for over 130 years. On board you’ll experience a comfortable journey as you watch the diverse landscapes outside your window, from rugged Mallee scrub to fields of green and gold.
In Melbourne, your base will the very central Victoria Hotel and a Hop On Hop Off Bus Tour day ticket is included to help you make the most of your time. Adelaide awaits and in addition to 3 nights at the Ibis, you’ll get to enjoy a walking tour to see more of this great city.
Why you’ll love this trip:
- Travel on the renowned Overland train between Melbourne and Adelaide
- Time is your own to plan your days in the cities
- Very central hotels so many great sights, restaurants and bars are all close by
- Sightseeing is included in both cities to help you get your bearings and see more!
Your Holiday Includes:
- 4 Nights Melbourne, Victoria Hotel, standard twin room (or similar hotel)
- Melbourne Hop on Hop off Bus Tour
- 3 nights Adelaide, Ibis Hotel, standard twin room (or similar hotel)
- Adelaide Walking Tour
- The Overland Train Melbourne to Adelaide (Red Service)
- Comfortable reclining seat in a two and two configuration
- 60 seats per carriage with generous legroom between seats
- Individual reading light
- Licensed Café 828 Carriage where meals and beverages are available for purchase
- Red luggage allowance of 2 x 20kg.
Departs Tuesdays & Fridays:
2020 – 1 October to 30 November
2021 – 1 February to 30 March, 20 April to 10 June, 15 July to 15 September, 1 October to 30 November
Note: Dates are subject to confirmation at time of booking. Prices may vary depending on your departure date.
Get the Brochure:
Click here to view or download a copy of the brochure. The brochure includes more details and the full itinerary (where applicable).
Want to Stay Longer?
You can add extra nights in Melbourne or Adelaide and there’s the opportunity to treat yourself and upgrade to 4 or 5-star hotels.
Ask us today about staying at other properties or adding more services. We are happy to design a holiday that will suit you best.
There is a supplement for single travellers of approximately $400. Rates will be confirmed at time of booking.
All prices are per person, based on twin share, and listed in Australian dollars (AUD). The package is subject to confirmation at the time of booking and prices may change without notice. Booking conditions and cancellation fees apply.
Please read Australia & New Zealand Travel Company’s Terms & Booking Conditions prior to making a reservation. By booking any travel service with us, you have agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions.
How to Book
To make a booking please call Australia & New Zealand Travel Company on 1300 168 910 or email email@example.com.
You can also select a trip and request it via this website – please make sure you enter the quantity for the number of people travelling. In the ‘Additional Information’ field on the Checkout page, add your preferred departure date plus any other information that will help us process your booking, such as departure city and travel preferences.
No payment is required to submit an online booking request, but your booking is pending and no place is being held. Your booking status will be advised when you hear from our travel consultants. Bookings are normally actioned within 24 hours – Monday to Friday.