Adelaide to Alice Springs with, Kangaroo Island, Ghan Rail & Uluru – 13 days
From Adelaide and Kangaroo Island, to travelling by train through Australia’s Red Centre and watching the sun rise over Uluru – this trip will be as memorable as it is legendary!
Your adventure begins in Adelaide, where you’ll have time to explore the City of Churches before spending two nights on stunning Kangaroo Island and joining a guided tour that introduces you to the island’s fascinating wildlife. Next, board the wonderful Ghan train bound for Alice Springs and enjoy the special Gold Class service that includes gourmet dining and all your drinks. Travel north and witness South Australia’s green hills gradually change to the ochre red of the Flinders Ranges, before crossing the border to the Northern Territory and arriving in Alice Springs the next morning.
There’s more amazing sightseeing in Alice Springs, including a day tour to West MacDonnell Ranges. Then travel further into the heart of Australia on a three-day tour that will feel like the adventure of a lifetime. Aboriginal guides will provide authentic Indigenous cultural experiences, discover unique flora and fauna, see dramatic rock formations, witness a breathtaking sunrise over Kata Tjuta and see the incredible changing colours of Uluru at sunset!
Why you’ll love this trip:
- Treat yourself to fully-inclusive luxury aboard the famous Ghan in Gold Class
- Explore Adelaide & enjoy amazing wildlife experiences on Kangaroo Island
- Stay in remote private camps, complete with comfortable tents & ‘Endless Star’ dining
- Aboriginal guides help you feel the spirit of this ancient land
Your Holiday Includes:
- 3 nights Adelaide – superior hotel (typically 4-star)
- 2 nights Kangaroo Island – hotel accommodation
- Ghan Train – Adelaide to Alice Springs
- 1 night Ghan private Gold Class cabin
- All meals onboard Ghan
- FREE beverages throughout your train journey
- Complimentary toiletries kit
- Cabin steward service, in-cabin music and commentary
- Use of Outback Explorer Lounge
- 4 nights Alice Springs Hotel (3.5 to 4 Star typically)
- 3 days / 2 nights Uluru, Ayers Rock, Kata Tjuta escorted permanent tented camping tour.
- Adelaide city tour
- Return transport & cruise to Kangaroo Island
- South Eastern Kangaroo Island luxury coach tour
- Alice Springs Half day Tour
- West MacDonnell Ranges Escorted Coach Tour
- Transfers as indicated in the itinerary
2021 – 27 January to 24 March, 21 April to 16 June, 21 July to 15 September, 6 October to 8 December
Note: Departures are subject to confirmation at time of booking. Prices may vary depending on your travel date.
Get the Brochure:
Click here to view or download a copy of the brochure. The brochure includes more details and the full itinerary (where applicable).
Want to Stay Longer?
You can add extra nights in Adelaide or Alice Springs.
Ask us today about staying at other properties or adding more services. We are happy to design a holiday that will suit you best.
Single traveller surcharge of approximately $1500 guarantees your own hotel rooms and includes a Gold Class single cabin with shared bathroom. Rates will be confirmed at time of booking.
All prices are per person, based on twin share, and listed in Australian dollars (AUD). The package is subject to confirmation at the time of booking and prices may change without notice. Booking conditions and cancellation fees apply.
Please read Australia & New Zealand Travel Company’s Terms & Booking Conditions prior to making a reservation. By booking any travel service with us, you have agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions.
How to Book
To make a booking please call Australia & New Zealand Travel Company on 1300 168 910 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also select a trip and request it via this website – please make sure you enter the quantity for the number of people travelling. In the ‘Additional Information’ field on the Checkout page, add your preferred departure date plus any other information that will help us process your booking, such as departure city and travel preferences.
No payment is required to submit an online booking request, but your booking is pending and no place is being held. Your booking status will be advised when you hear from our travel consultants. Bookings are normally actioned within 24 hours – Monday to Friday.