Tasmania Overland Track Guided Hiking Tour – 7 days
This exciting Tasmania walking holiday takes you on an escorted adventure along the legendary Overland Track.
Widely regarded as one of the finest walks in Australia, in six days you’ll walk from north to south and cover the highest areas of Tasmania. The World Heritage-listed landscapes that you’ll discover each day are enchanting, from the unmistakable spires of Cradle Mountain to the shores of the deepest natural lake in the Southern Hemisphere, Lake St Clair. The trail varies dramatically, taking you through ancient Myrtle forest, glaciated dolerite formations, past plateaus covered in mountain lakes and Tasmania’s highest peak, Mt Ossa.
This full-pack trek ticks all the boxes for wildlife experiences and connecting with nature. It’s suitable for first time bushwalkers because food drops along the way help reduce the weight of your pack. Professional guides provide support, create delicious meals and bring the wonder of the track to life with their local knowledge and enthusiasm!
Why you’ll love this trip:
- This is your chance to walk Australia’s internationally famous Overland Track!
- Travel with the most experienced operator, plus lightweight tent & food drops are provided
- Explore deep forests, sub-alpine plateaus and spectacular highland landscapes
- End each day at scenic campsites in the remote wilderness
- Summit Tasmania’s highest peak, Mt Ossa
- Enjoy close encounters with native animals, birds and stunning endemic plants
Your Holiday Includes:
- Accommodation – 1 night Launceston pre-tour
- 5 nights wilderness camping
- Guided tour – Small group walk on the famous Overland Track
- 2 professional wilderness guides
- 5 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 5 dinners snacks and hot drinks
- Food drop provisions along the track
- Transport by private minibus
- Lake St. Clair ferry passage
- National Park fees
- Overland Track Permit
- Tent, backpack and gaiters
- Sleeping bag, inner sheet & inflatable sleeping mat
- Group camping equipment including all cooking & eating equipment
- Emergency communications & group first aid kit
Departs from Launceston, Tasmania:
2021/22 – Saturdays from 09 October 2021 to 07 May 2022
2022/23 – Saturdays from 08 October 2022 to 06 May 2023
Note: Departures are subject to confirmation at time of booking and price may vary depending on your travel date.
Get the Brochure:
Click on the button to view or download a copy of the brochure. The brochure includes more details and the full itinerary (where applicable).
Want to Stay Longer or Upgrade?
You can add extra nights in Tasmania to extend your stay. We can also provide a quote for car hire or flights from Australian capital cities.
Ask us today about including other accommodation or adding more services. We are happy to design a holiday that will suit you best.
We can look after you. Please contact us for single traveller rates.
This special deal is valid for a limited time. Please contact us for current rates.
All prices are per person, based on twin share, and listed in Australian dollars (AUD). The package is subject to confirmation at the time of booking and prices may change without notice. Booking conditions and cancellation fees apply.
Please read Australia & New Zealand Travel Company’s Terms & Booking Conditions prior to making a reservation. By booking any travel service with us, you have agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions.
How to Book
To make a booking please call Australia & New Zealand Travel Company on 1300 168 910 or email email@example.com.
You can also select a trip and request it via this website – please make sure you enter the quantity for the number of people travelling. In the ‘Additional Information’ field on the Checkout page, add your preferred departure date plus any other information that will help us process your booking, such as departure city and travel preferences.
No payment is required to submit an online booking request, but your booking is pending and no place is being held. Your booking status will be advised when you hear from our travel consultants. Bookings are normally actioned within 24 hours – Monday to Friday.