Hobart to Central Highlands Luxury Tassie Tour – 7 days
This small group tour takes you from the historic highlights of Hobart to spectacular alpine wilderness in Tasmania’s Central Highlands!
In Hobart, your 4-star hotel is ideally located to explore Battery Point and fashionable Salamanca Place. A city sightseeing tour is included to help you see the main attractions.
Next, travel north to Tasmania’s heartlands and this is where the real indulgences begin. Stop for tastings of fine whisky or renowned local gin before arriving at Thousand Lakes Lodge, where you can enjoy the divine comfort of the unique accommodation for the next 3 nights.
Local guides will help you discover the wonders of the World Heritage-listed Central Plateau. Walk around the beautiful lakes, hike to spectacular lookouts, enjoy watching the abundant wildlife and learn about the conservation efforts that continue to protect this rare wilderness. Whether you crave an active adventure in the high country or a quiet place to relax, you’ll delight in all the inclusions. Enjoy delicious meals with local wines, hearty breakfasts, a picnic lunch waiting for you when you arrive from your hike or try a Tasmanian cheese platter by a glorious wilderness lodge fireplace!
Why you’ll love this trip:
- Enjoy exploring Hobart with 4-star hotel stay before and after the tour.
- Raw and rugged wilderness meets comfort and luxury at Thousand Lakes Lodge.
- Professional local guides will enhance the small group experience (days 3-6).
- An ideal Hobart and wilderness experience, for first-timers or repeat visitors to Tassie!
Your Holiday Includes:
- Accommodation – 4-star accommodation for 6 nights
- 3 nights St Ives Apartments, Hobart
- 3 nights Thousand Lakes Lodge, Central Highlands
- Complimentary mulled wine on arrival at lodge
- Meals – 3 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 3 dinners – 3 courses with Tasmanian wine
- Tour – Professionally fully guided experience
- Starts day 3: Hobart 1:00pm, Finishes day 6: Hobart 12:00 noon
- Small group tour, maximum 8 guests from 18 to 80 years
- Sightseeing – Hobart day tour
- Shene Distillery whisky or gin tasting
- Devonshire tea in colonial Kempton
- Complimentary use of e-bikes and helmets
- Services – Hobart CBD hotel pick-up & drop-off
Departs Hobart, Tasmania:
Departs Wednesday & Saturday – 01 May 2021 to 31 March 2022
Note: Departures are subject to confirmation at time of booking and price may vary depending on your travel date.
Get the Brochure:
Click on the button to view or download a copy of the brochure. The brochure includes more details and the full itinerary (where applicable).
Want to Stay Longer or Upgrade?
You can add extra nights in Tasmania to extend your stay. We can also provide a quote for car hire or flights from Australian capital cities.
Ask us today about including other accommodation or adding more services. We are happy to design a holiday that will suit you best.
We can look after you. Solo traveller surcharge from $990 for single accommodation.
This special deal is valid for a limited time. Please contact us for current rates.
All prices are per person, based on twin share, and listed in Australian dollars (AUD). The package is subject to confirmation at the time of booking and prices may change without notice. Booking conditions and cancellation fees apply.
Please read Australia & New Zealand Travel Company’s Terms & Booking Conditions prior to making a reservation. By booking any travel service with us, you have agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions.
How to Book
To make a booking please call Australia & New Zealand Travel Company on 1300 168 910 or email email@example.com.
You can also select a trip and request it via this website – please make sure you enter the quantity for the number of people travelling. In the ‘Additional Information’ field on the Checkout page, add your preferred departure date plus any other information that will help us process your booking, such as departure city and travel preferences.
No payment is required to submit an online booking request, but your booking is pending and no place is being held. Your booking status will be advised when you hear from our travel consultants. Bookings are normally actioned within 24 hours – Monday to Friday.