The Ghan Train from Adelaide to Darwin with City Stays – 7 Days
Ghan Gold Cabins are in high demand and now’s the time to secure a place!
Begin the adventure in Adelaide, with two nights at a central hotel and a half day sightseeing tour is included to help you discover the highlights. Then board the iconic Ghan and travel on an extraordinary journey from South Australia through to the Northern Territory’s Top End.
Relax in your private Gold Class Cabin and watch the red heart of Australia pass by through your large window. Enjoy all the gourmet meals aboard the Ghan in the stylish Queen Adelaide Restaurant Car. Your fully-inclusive rail package covers complimentary soft drinks, beers, premium wines and spirits during the luxe train journey.
After gliding through the MacDonnell Ranges, exploring ‘a town like Alice’ and enjoying a choice of off-train experiences in Katherine, arrive in Darwin for a two-night stay in the tropical north!
Why you’ll love this trip:
- Indulge in luxury rail travel aboard the famous Ghan for two nights
- All-inclusive meals, fine wine and beverages
- Immersive off-train experiences in Marla, Alice Springs & Katherine
- Explorer Adelaide and Darwin with 4-star hotel stays for two nights in both cities!
Your Holiday Includes:
- Ghan Train – 3 days Adelaide to Darwin
- 2 nights Ghan private Gold Twin cabin with shared bathroom facilities
- All meals onboard Ghan
- FREE beverages throughout your train journey
- Complimentary toiletries kit
- Cabin steward service, in-cabin music and commentary
- Use of Outback Explorer Lounge
- Off-train experiences in Marla, Alice Springs & Katherine
- Accommodation – 4 nights in 4-star hotels, standard rooms based on twin share
- 2 nights Adelaide at Adina Apartment Hotel Adelaide Treasury or The Terrace
- 2 nights Darwin at H On Smith Street Suites or Ramada Suites
- Sightseeing tours – Adelaide Half Day Tour
- Darwin Hop On Hop Off Bus Tour
Departs from Adelaide:
$3999, now from $3799 per person twin share for a limited time
Lowest-price departures in 2024 – 15 March; 01 April; 07, 10, 17, 24 May; 03, 10 June; 01, 22, 29 July; 05, 12, 19, 26 August; 09, 16, 23 September; 07, 14, 21 October; 01, 08, 15, 22 November
Note: Space is very limited. Prices are per person based on two people sharing a Gold Twin Cabin. Departures are subject to availability and current price will be advised at time of booking.
Get the Brochure:
Click on the button to view or download a copy of the brochure. The brochure includes the full itinerary.
Want to Stay Longer or Upgrade?
You can add extra nights in Adelaide before The Ghan, or extend your stay in Darwin.
Plus there’s the opportunity to upgrade your hotel and add sightseeing tours or flights.
Day Tours that we recommend:
- Kangaroo Island Full Day Tour from Adelaide from $375 per person
- Barossa Valley Day Tour from $150 per person
- 4 nights Murray River Heritage Cruise from $1699 per person
- Kakadu National Park from Darwin from $375 per person
- Litchfield National Park Day Tour from $220 per person
Add a Broome extension from $1499 per person includes:
- One-way economy airfare from Darwin to Broome
- 5 nights at Broome Time Resort
- Breakfast daily
Add a Cairns & Trinity Beach Break from $1499 per person includes:
- One-way economy airfare from Darwin to Cairns
- 5 nights Roydon Apartments, Trinity Beach
- Return airport transfers
Ask us today about staying at other properties or adding more services. We are happy to design a holiday that will suit you best.
We can look after you. Please contact us for rates for Gold Single cabins with shared bathroom facilities.
This deal is valid for a limited time and Gold Twin cabins likely to sell out very quickly. Please contact us for current rates.
All prices are per person, based on twin share, listed in Australian dollars (AUD) and were valid on 21 November 2022. The package is subject to confirmation at the time of booking and prices may change without notice. Booking conditions and cancellation fees apply.
Please read Australia & New Zealand Travel Company’s Terms & Booking Conditions prior to making a reservation. By booking any travel service with us, you have agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions.
How to Book
You can also select a trip and request it via this website – please make sure you enter the quantity for the number of people travelling. In the ‘Additional Information’ field on the Checkout page, add your preferred departure date plus any other information that will help us process your booking, such as departure city and travel preferences.
No payment is required to submit an online booking request, but your booking is pending and no place is being held. Your booking status will be advised when you hear from our travel consultants. Bookings are normally actioned within 24 hours – Monday to Friday.