The Ghan Train from Alice Springs to Darwin with City Stays – 8 days
The iconic Ghan travels through the Australia’s heartland on an extraordinary journey from the Red Centre through to the Northern Territory’s Top End.
Take a remarkable journey through the heart of the continent. Be mesmerised by the beauty of Australia’s ever-changing landscapes. From the centre’s rich ochre landscapes and bright cobalt skies, to the lush tropics and balmy feel in Darwin.
This journey begins in Alice Springs, with a three-night stay and incredible tour of Kata Tjuta and Uluru. Board The Ghan and enjoy regionally inspired dining and complimentary drinks as you relax in your private Gold Class cabin and watch the red heart of Australia pass by through your large window. Along with the amazing fully-inclusive service on board, a choice of off train excursions are also included in Katherine.
After a sensational two days on The Ghan, roll into Darwin for a three-night stay in the tropical north with time to explore at your leisure and a tour of Kakadu National Park!
Why you’ll love this trip:
- Indulge in fully-inclusive luxury aboard the famous Ghan Gold Class
- All-inclusive meals, fine wine & beverages, immersive off-train experiences in Katherine
- Choice of hotels in Alice Springs, with a Uluru tour included
- The extended holiday has three nights to explore Darwin and a Kakadu sightseeing tour!
Your Holiday Includes:
- Ghan Train – 2 days Alice Springs to Darwin
- 1 night Ghan private Gold Class cabin
- All meals onboard Ghan
- FREE beverages throughout your train journey
- Complimentary toiletries kit
- Cabin steward service, in-cabin music and commentary
- Use of Outback Explorer Lounge
- Off-train experiences in Katherine
- Accommodation – 6 nights in choice of hotels based on standard rooms
- 3 nights Alice Springs – Mercure Hotel, Quest Apartments or Alice on Todd Apartments
- 3 nights Darwin – Darwin City Hotel or H On Mitchell Hotel
- Sightseeing – Uluru & Kata Tjuta Full Day Coach Tour from Alice Springs
- Kakadu National Park Day Tour from Darwin
Depart Alice Springs:
Gold Twin from $3299 – 6 May, 10 June, 13 June, 18 July, 8 August
Note: Prices are per person based on twin share. Departure and price is subject to confirmation at time of booking & prices may vary depending on travel dates. Please contact us for travel at other times of the year.
Get the Brochure:
Click on the button to view or download a copy of the brochure. The brochure includes more details and the full itinerary (where applicable).
Want to Stay Longer?
You can add extra nights in Alice Springs or combine this trip with The Ghan from Adelaide to Alice Springs.
Plus, there’s the opportunity to extend your stay in Darwin, upgrade the hotels, add more sightseeing tours or include flights.
Ask us today about staying at other properties or adding more services. We are happy to design a holiday that will suit you best.
We can look after you. Please contact us for the current prices for a private Gold Single cabin with shared bathroom facilities.
This deal is valid for a limited time. The Ghan cabins are likely to sell out quickly.
Prices are correct as of 8 January 2022. Please contact us for current rates.
All prices are per person, based on twin share, and listed in Australian dollars (AUD). The package is subject to confirmation at the time of booking and prices may change without notice. Booking conditions and cancellation fees apply.
Please read Australia & New Zealand Travel Company’s Terms & Booking Conditions prior to making a reservation. By booking any travel service with us, you have agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions.
How to Book
To make a booking please call Australia & New Zealand Travel Company on 1300 168 910 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also select a trip and request it via this website – please make sure you enter the quantity for the number of people travelling. In the ‘Additional Information’ field on the Checkout page, add your preferred departure date plus any other information that will help us process your booking, such as departure city and travel preferences.
No payment is required to submit an online booking request, but your booking is pending and no place is being held. Your booking status will be advised when you hear from our travel consultants. Bookings are normally actioned within 24 hours – Monday to Friday.