The Ghan Train from Adelaide to Darwin with Stopovers – 9 days
The iconic Ghan travels through the Australia’s heartland on an extraordinary journey from the Red Centre through to the Northern Territory’s Top End.
Take a remarkable journey through the Outback. Be mesmerised by the beauty of Australia’s ever-changing landscape, from the centre’s rich ochres of the land and bright cobalt skies, to the lush tropics and balmy feel in Darwin.
Board The Ghan in Adelaide and enjoy regionally inspired dining and complimentary drinks as you relax in your private Gold Class cabin and watch the red heart of Australia pass by through your large window. Along with the amazing fully-inclusive service on board, a choice of off train excursions are also part of the experience.
Included in this special package are two nights to explore Alice Springs and a full day tour to iconic Kata Tjuta and Uluru. Then roll into Darwin for a four-night stay in the tropical north plus a stunning tour of spectacular Kakadu National Park!
Hurry, space is limited on the last available cabins for departure in May 2022. Waitlists are now open for 2023!
Why you’ll love this trip:
- Indulge in fully-inclusive luxury aboard the famous Ghan Gold Class
- All-inclusive meals, fine wine & beverages and immersive off-train experiences
- Take a break in Alice Springs and enjoy time discovering the Red Centre & Uluru
- The extended holiday has four nights to explore Darwin, including a guided tour of Kakadu!
Your Holiday Includes:
- Ghan Train –Adelaide via Alice Springs to Darwin
- 2 nights Ghan private Gold Twin cabin or Gold Single
- All meals aboard The Ghan
- FREE beverages throughout your train journey
- Complimentary toiletries kit
- Cabin steward service, in-cabin music and commentary
- Use of Outback Explorer Lounge
- Off-train experiences in Marla & Katherine
- Accommodation – 6 nights in hotels based on standard rooms
- 2 nights Alice Springs – Alice On Todd Apartments or Quest Apartments
- 4 nights Darwin – Darwin City Hotel or Capitanos Hotel
- Sightseeing – Uluru & Kata Tjuta Full Day Tour from Alice Springs
- Kakadu National Park Full Day Tour from Darwin
Gold Twin from $4,799 – 29 May 2022 – last cabins!
Gold Single from $5,299 – 29 May 2022 – last cabins!
Note: Prices are per person based. Departure and price is subject to confirmation at time of booking & prices may vary depending on availability when you book. Contact us for travel at other times of the year in 2022 and 2023.
Get the Brochure:
Click on the button to view or download a copy of the brochure. The brochure includes more details and the full itinerary (where applicable).
Want to Stay Longer?
You can add nights in Adelaide or stay long in Alice Springs and Darwin.
Plus, there’s the opportunity to upgrade the hotels, add more sightseeing tours or include flights.
Ask us today about staying at other properties or adding more services. We are happy to design a holiday that will suit you best.
We can look after you. The single traveller price covers the cost of your own rooms and includes a Gold Single cabin with shared bathroom facilities.
This deal is valid for a limited time. The last Ghan cabins will sell out quickly.
Prices are correct as of 7 January 2022. Please contact us for current rates.
All prices are per person, based on twin share, and listed in Australian dollars (AUD). The package is subject to confirmation at the time of booking and prices may change without notice. Booking conditions and cancellation fees apply.
Please read Australia & New Zealand Travel Company’s Terms & Booking Conditions prior to making a reservation. By booking any travel service with us, you have agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions.
How to Book
To make a booking please call Australia & New Zealand Travel Company on 1300 168 910 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also select a trip and request it via this website – please make sure you enter the quantity for the number of people travelling. In the ‘Additional Information’ field on the Checkout page, add your preferred departure date plus any other information that will help us process your booking, such as departure city and travel preferences.
No payment is required to submit an online booking request, but your booking is pending and no place is being held. Your booking status will be advised when you hear from our travel consultants. Bookings are normally actioned within 24 hours – Monday to Friday.