New Zealand Fiordland Navigator Cruise, TranzAlpine Train & More – 9 days
Experience the many delights of the South Island on this spectacular New Zealand holiday!
Begin in picturesque Queenstown, famously known as the adventure capital of New Zealand. Then drive to Milford Sound to board charming Fiordland Navigator for a serene, old-worldly way to explore the stunning region. Cruise to the open sea aboard the three-masted sail boat with the nature guide and friendly crew and anchor for the night in sheltered Harrison Cove. Wildlife viewing opportunities and a special dinner are all part of the unforgettable experience.
After a magical cruise experience, jump back in the car and head to Franz Josef Glacier. Here you will have two nights to explore the pretty little town in the heart of the West Coast. Of course, the unmissable attraction is getting a view of the famous 12km long glacier.
Next is another spellbinding highlight aboard one of the world’s great rail journeys, the TranzAlpine Scenic Train. Travel in comfort across the South Island, from west to east, through Arthur’s Pass National Park and descend to the Canterbury Plains before arriving in Christchurch.
Why you’ll love this trip:
- Explore Milford Sound on the Fiordland Navigator, nothing compares to a night on the fjord
- Stay 3 nights in Queenstown, 2 nights in Franz Josef and 2 nights Christchurch
- Enjoy the convenience of included car hire to see more of the South Island
- Travel on the world-famous TranzAlpine Scenic Train
- Take an amazing ride on the heritage trams around Christchurch’s city loop
Your Holiday Includes:
- Car hire – 6 days Economy, automatic vehicle
- Unlimited kilometres
- Pick up Queenstown Airport, drop off Greymouth Rail Terminal
- Accommodation – 7 nights in standard rooms, twin share
- 3 nights Queenstown – Quest Hotel, Ramada Suites or Holiday Inn
- 2 nights Franz Josef – Punga View or Glacier View Motel
- 2 nights Christchurch – Quest on Manchester or Ramada Suites
- Cruise – 1 night aboard Fiordland Navigator, private cabin, twin share
- 3-course dinner & cooked breakfast prepared by the onboard chef
- Kayaking & tender boat activities (weather dependent)
- Train – TranzAlpine Scenic Train, one-way from Greymouth t0 Christchurch
- Sightseeing – Christchurch Hop On Hop Off Tram Tour
2023 & 2024 – 01 February to 31 March; 26 April to 11 May, 20 September to 09 December
High season surcharge of $300 per person applies from 10 December to 31 January and 1 to 25 April each year. Other surcharges may apply during school holidays and peak periods.
Note: Departures are subject to confirmation at time of booking and price will vary depending on your travel date. Please contact us for current prices and travel at other times of the year.
Get the Brochure:
Click on the button to view or download a copy of the brochure. The brochure includes more details and the full itinerary.
Want to Stay Longer or Upgrade?
Let us know if you’d like to extend your stay in New Zealand and add the North Island.
If you wish to add airfares from Australia, please see our flight-inclusive package.
Ask us today about staying in other properties or adding more services. We are happy to design a holiday that will suit you best.
We can look after you. Please request single traveller rates.
This special deal is available for a limited time. Please contact us for current rates.
All prices are per person, based on twin share, and listed in Australian dollars (AUD). Prices were accurate as of 07 August 2023.
The package is subject to confirmation at the time of booking and prices may change without notice. Booking conditions and cancellation fees apply.
Please read Australia & New Zealand Travel Company’s Terms & Booking Conditions prior to making a reservation. By booking any travel service with us, you have agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions.
How to Book
You can also select a trip and request it via this website – please make sure you enter the quantity for the number of people travelling. In the ‘Additional Information’ field on the Checkout page, add your preferred departure date plus any other information that will help us process your booking, such as departure city and travel preferences.
No payment is required to submit an online booking request, but your booking is pending and no place is being held. Your booking status will be advised when you hear from our travel consultants. Bookings are normally actioned within 24 hours – Monday to Friday.