New Zealand North & South Islands Coach Tour – 9 days
Take advantage of New Zealand’s great InterCity coach services. Sit back and let someone else worry about driving, while you explore the spectacular North and South Islands!
Fly to Auckland to begin your New Zealand discovery. There will be ample free time to enjoy the urban delights of Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch on this self-guided trip.
After the 3-night stay in Auckland, board the InterCity bus. Gaze out the window on the way to Wellington, as you travel through green pastures, rolling hills and towns like Rotorua and Taupo. The second InterCity bus route skirts the Pacific Coast between Picton and Christchurch. Between the two coach trips is a scenic Cook Strait crossing on the Interislander Ferry from Wellington to Picton, which is sure to be another highlight of this memorable New Zealand holiday!
Why you’ll love this trip:
- It’s a comprehensive, worry-free trip travelling around New Zealand by bus and ferry!
- Spend three nights in Auckland & Christchurch, plus two nights in Wellington
- Discover historic monuments, iconic sights & cultural experiences in the cities.
- Breathtaking coach rides through volcanic mountains, rich forests & rural landscapes!
Your Holiday Includes:
- Flights to New Zealand – return economy class with Air New Zealand (or similar carrier)
- Fly from Melbourne, Brisbane, Gold Coast & Sydney
- Coach – InterCity bus from Auckland to Wellington through central North Island
- InterCity bus from Picton to Christchurch, connecting the mountains and the sea
- Ferry – InterIslander scenic ferry to marvel at the beautiful Marlborough Sounds
- Accommodation – 8 nights in standard rooms, based on twin share
- 3 nights Auckland – VR Auckland Hotel or Grand Central Serviced Apartments
- 2 nights Wellington – Mercure Hotel or Bella Vista Wellington
- 3 nights Christchurch – Bella Vista Christchurch or BreakFree on Cashel
The lowest price deals depart daily during the following periods:
2023 – 1 May to 10 September; 10 October to 30 November
2024 – 26 January to 31 March
Extra $350 per person for flights from Adelaide, Hobart or Canberra. Extra $650 per person from Perth.
Please contact us for departures at other times of the year or different cities.
Note: Prices are per person, based on twin share. Departures are subject to confirmation at time of booking and price may vary depending on your travel date.
Get the Brochure:
Click on the button to view or download a copy of the brochure. The brochure includes more details and the full itinerary.
Want to Stay Longer or Upgrade?
You can add extra nights in New Zealand or upgrade your accommodation.
Extend your holiday: from an extra $100 per person per night.
Upgrade the hotels: from an extra $370 per person for 6 nights.
Fly Business class: from Melbourne, Brisbane or Sydney from an extra $850 per person.
Want to explore Queenstown? Add on a flight to Queenstown with a 2-night hotel stay and Milford Sound Day Cruise from an extra $650 per person.
Let us know if you’d like to see more of New Zealand by adding car hire or extend your stay with an escorted tour.
We also have a 7-night scenic rail package that follows a similar itinerary but travels by train, instead of coach.
Ask us today about staying in other properties or adding more services. We are happy to design a holiday that will suit you best.
We can look after you. Please contact us for single traveller rates.
This special deal is valid for a limited time. Please contact us for current rates.
All prices are per person, based on twin share, and listed in Australian dollars (AUD). Prices were correct as of 18 April 2023.
The package is subject to confirmation at the time of booking and prices may change without notice. Booking conditions and cancellation fees apply.
Please read Australia & New Zealand Travel Company’s Terms & Booking Conditions prior to making a reservation. By booking any travel service with us, you have agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions.
How to Book
You can also select a trip and request it via this website – please make sure you enter the quantity for the number of people travelling. In the ‘Additional Information’ field on the Checkout page, add your preferred departure date plus any other information that will help us process your booking, such as departure city and travel preferences.
No payment is required to submit an online booking request, but your booking is pending and no place is being held. Your booking status will be advised when you hear from our travel consultants. Bookings are normally actioned within 24 hours – Monday to Friday.