NZ South Island Self-Drive Itinerary with 4-Star Hotels – 11 Days:
Enjoy exploring New Zealand at your own pace with a South Island trip that’s packed full of highlights and inclusions. It’s worry-free travel with pre-booked flights, car hire and 4-star accommodation!
This South Island loop takes you along the coast between the South’s two largest cities, Christchurch and Dunedin. In Dunedin you have time to explore the unique wildlife of the Otago Peninsula. Continue south to Te Anau, the gateway to Milford Sound, where you’ll cruise the length of the fiord.
This 11-day self-drive tour wouldn’t be complete without 2 nights in the ‘Adventure Capital’ of Queenstown, before you follow the Southern Alps north to Mt Cook National Park and back to Christchurch.
Why you’ll love this trip:
- Your itinerary is planned to make the most of your time, but you get to explore at your leisure
- Enjoy 4-star accommodation in Christchurch, Dunedin, Te Anau, Queenstown and Mount Cook
- The convenience of having your own rental car means you can stop off at all those little places you want to see along the way
- Flights to New Zealand are included!
Your Holiday Includes:
- Flights – Return economy airfare to Christchurch from Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane (contact us for other cities)
- Accommodation – 10 nights in 4-star hotels with private facilities
- Car hire – Economy car rental included for duration of self-drive itinerary
- Transfer – Private airport transfer to hotel upon arrival in Christchurch
- Sightseeing – Milford Sound Nature Cruise with lunch
2023 – 01 February to 25 March, 25 April to 10 June, 25 July to 10 September, 10 October to 30 November
Note: Prices may vary depending on your departure date and are subject to confirmation by the airlines, hotels & local operators. Please contact us for current rates.
Get the Brochure:
Click on the button to view or download a copy of the brochure. The brochure includes more details and the full itinerary.
Want to Stay Longer?
You can extend your holiday with extra nights in Christchurch or add on a trip to the North Island.
Ask us today about staying at other properties or adding more services. We are happy to design a holiday that will suit you best.
We can look after you! Please contact us for single traveller rates.
This special deal is valid for a limited time.
Prices are correct as of 29 November 2022. Please contact us for current rates.
All prices are per person, based on twin share, and listed in Australian dollars (AUD). The package is subject to confirmation at the time of booking and prices may change without notice. Booking conditions and cancellation fees apply.
Please read Australia & New Zealand Travel Company’s Terms & Booking Conditions prior to making a reservation. By booking any travel service with us, you have agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions.
How to Book
To make a booking please call Australia & New Zealand Travel Company on 1300 168 910 or email email@example.com.
You can also select a trip and request it via this website – please make sure you enter the quantity for the number of people travelling. In the ‘Additional Information’ field on the Checkout page, add your preferred departure date plus any other information that will help us process your booking, such as departure city and travel preferences.
No payment is required to submit an online booking request, but your booking is pending and no place is being held. Your booking status will be advised when you hear from our travel consultants. Bookings are normally actioned within 24 hours – Monday to Friday.